Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I add Arlo go batteries for more capacity?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide

Having problems with battery draining on my arlo go. I have good 3g connectivity full or missing 1 dot. It uses 10% every day without any activity. Arlo support couldn't help me new battery and the camera replaced. Thinking of connecting batteries together to make the battery capacity better. Is that possible?

-Arlo Go VML4030-100PES SN: 51D Location: Sweden FW: 1.096.3.1_1.8.63.0_0 .6.5.19.GC.002 -
4 REPLIES 4
Pidde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, also from sweden with the same problem. I even use the solar panel, VMA4600 but that's not enough. Takes 3-5 days in this period ( from october ) to run out of power. Cant find any good tips....

What about connecting more than one solar panel ?  

Or what about adding on a powerful power bank ?  

Or is there anyone who found a bigger and better solar panel ?  

//Pidde

ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide

I have a little less battery drainage at the moment maybe 40% in a week.  My solar panel isn't working at the time, seems like the panel drain some when its hooked up as someone else posted when its not charging/no sun.  But the outside temperature is higher than normal for the season too. Before I charged the battery in a garage that had about the same temperature as outside. Now I charge the battery inside the house where it is like 22 Celsius. Strong 4g signal is to prefer, but I only have strong 3g 

-Arlo Go VML4030-100PES SN: 51D Location: Sweden FW: 1.096.3.1_1.8.63.0_0 .6.5.19.GC.002 -
ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide

Is it possible to use a Qualcomm powerbank to charge Arlo go, or remove the battery and run the camera only on powerbank?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible to use external power supplies but there's a few caveats to consider. Many battery packs stop supplying power if the power draw is too low, such as when the camera is sleeping/not recording. It needs to supply power all the time. There's also the issue of weatherproofing the connections properly.

Personally, I'd leave the camera battery in and let the powerbank recharge it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation