Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kaiserbill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both my Arlo Pro and Go cameras go offline at negative temperatures.

I learned to take the batteries out of the camera and run directly with the specified AC power adapters.  That resolved the temp issues at the freezing point.

Now when temps get into the negatives both go offline, on the Pro I get a message that the camera needs to warm up.   On the Go it just goes offline.

Seems they will come back online when the temperature rises.

I understand the battery issues and limitations as they pertain to temperature, however I  need to have the AC powered cameras - especially the Arlo Go work regardless of temperature.

Please tell me there is a modification feature to prevent the cameras from shutting down.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No there is no mod for this.... the Pro/Pro 2 will not charge below 32F and at about -4F the camera shuts down.

( BTW, funny that the original cameras have worksed to about -12F ( as cold as we got here ) without issue other than a voltage sag due to same )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been playing with outdoor AC power on a camera and found that it warms up sufficiently to keep chaarging at lower temps. I wonder how cold ambient temps can be while plugged in and still work.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation