Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't connect - blinking fast orange

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sunremo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Poland and tried it with all 4 Providers (PLAY, ORANGE, T-Mobile, PLUS). Blue-violet blinking and then fast orange, every time. Tried every possible APN Versions also. I was reading from another person with the same Camera (VML4030-100PES) it's working with Provider PLAY. Do i maybe have to buy a Wireless-Service-Plan at first?

9 REPLIES 9
Kotletukas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Client support could not help me. 

Tried 3 different SIM cards without PIN and with data active. Tried APN settings. I know that SIM card gets data session successful when camera is on, but camera cant connect to Cloud. Something maybe changed during years and older FW cant connect. Shame on ARLO... 

sunremo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe it's like you say. But support knows the SN and could communicate it.  I was asking the support about the important parameters for connecting the cloud. No answer about that. Just told me they didn't test polish SIM card's. This is not an answer I can work with. 

What should be so special to communicate over mobile internet to any cloud? Every mobile router or smartphone do this. 

Kotletukas
Aspirant
Aspirant

i know that during data session it tries to comunicate with netgear.com and ngxcld.com.

I cant ping/find this ngxcld.com. maybe it is down and that is why we cant connect?

Rusty2015
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for over a week to resolve the problem of no connection to any cell service for my Go. The Arlo 800# has only a recording once it reads the phone number associated with your account and camera.  I've spend 1.75hr on the phone with AT&T and several hours with Verizon.  Several SIM cards and probably 100 attempts to have my camera read the QR code.  My phone will no longer connect.

Arlo has divorced itself from all its cellular cameras.  

Have you read the "End of Life" notices on the Arlo website after you log in?

I guess we have no options, sadly.  

sunremo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have read the EOL announcements. I can't find a VML camera there. I also communicated the serial number to support. It would be very tragic if they didn't communicate an EOL to me.

sunremo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can there be different results from different countries and different providers? I am not aware of the restrictions at the entrance to a cloud service. And does support actually communicate with technicians from development or production? The answers from support don't sound like it.

sunremo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today they told me VML4030 has actually not a EOL-Problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sunremo wrote:

Today they told me VML4030 has actually not a EOL-Problem.

Yes, the VML4030 (the original Go) is not on the EoL list.

arloisrubbish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fast orange means your cellular provider has connected it to the internet but ARLO's cloud service isn't working. Basically it's more arlo rubbish that's the cause. Nothing you can do about it except find a better make.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation