Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 3 Arlo Go cameras which all do the same thing. They are in focus and then go out of focus then they will come back in to focus. I have cleaned the lenses but it still happens.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a focus thing since the lenses are fixed focus. WHat's likely happening is pixelation causing the image to blur since it is at a much lower resolution. The cause can be due to signal strength/quality between the camera and cell tower. Does it happen on all videos or just some? What does the signal strength indicator for the camera look like?

moprabbit
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the reply. I use my cameras to watch live views of my sheep in the field. It happens at some time on all of the 3 cameras at some time. The signal strength is usually good, but I must admit I haven't looked at the strength when the pictures go blurry. Is there any thing I can do to prevent this happening? Thanks Ann
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The exact positioning may be the issue. Use your cell phone (if using the same carrier as the cameras) and move around to see how the signal changes. If on a different carrier, move a camera around to do the same thing.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat I've tried moving them around and looking at the signal strength when they go blurry, and I'm afraid nothing seems to stop it. I certainly thought the signal strength would be the problem, but they can be blue even when the signal strength is very good. Thanks for your continued support. Regards Ann

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
This is beyond what the user forum can provide. You'll need to open a new case with support for more help. It may be a problem with your cameras which isn't something we can fix.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation