Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KingJoshua
Follower
Follower

Two of 5 cameras continue to go offline. One has a new battery and I have charged several times only to have them die right after I unplug them. Even plugged in they go offline . HELP!

7 REPLIES 7
oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to be an(other) Arlo problem. Yesterday I had two of five cameras offline, today it's four, and you'll find posts on the subject elsewhere. This is a paid service that I use for security on an unoccupied overseas property, but it's what I've come to expect from Arlo. You don't get 91% one star reviews from  1,002 Trustpilot reviewers without being quite bad at what you do.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KingJoshua 

Have you tried removing the device from the Arlo app and reinstalling?

oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I began by restarting the hub, which made no difference, so I tried to add a new camera. The hub didn't find any but three of the four that were offline came back to life. I repeated the exercise, which again found no new cameras, but now all five are back online.

The new problem is that two of the cameras have solar panels attached but are no longer charging. These are in southern Spain in the summer, where solar power isn't in short supply. I imagine that it's a software/firmware issue, which could equally be the cause of cameras going offline for no apparent reason.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@oakhalldr 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that cameras are back online, it's just the two solar panels. One has come back to life of its own accord, even though it's in a less sunny spot than the other one. For the one that's not charging, I've got some friends changing the battery as I type and they're also going to clean the panel.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@oakhalldr 

You can also try cleaning the camera contacts and solar panel connector with isopropyl alcohol.

oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cheers.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation