Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go with solar panel - It's time to charge your battery. Sunny hours but still low battery?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
cochy
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI Everyone, 

my Arlo Go is connected to a solar panel. It is winter time and almost no sun these days here, so the solar panel could not charge the batter and it is empty now.  I see the message "It's time to charge your battery" in the application. 
There were sunny hours the last 2 days and I'm wondering why the device is not accessible yet. I still see the above message. My second camera at the same place was charged with about 20% at the same time.  When I tap to the settings button in the application, I see that the "device is offline" and I cannot do anything. 

The camera is about 900 km (400 miles) from my location, so I cannot add / register it again. 

Question: Will the camera accessible after more sunny days or shall I do any manually changes?

Thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, the camera should resume operation when battery level allows it. However, there's a possibility that the battery is totally flat and needs to be revived to allow it to charge. There's an FAQ here on how to revive a dead battery - multiple charging attempts to get enough charge into the battery to allow it to charge normally. You may have to do that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible the temp was below freezing?  ( even tho sunny )

The solar panel will not charge the battery if it is cold ...its an issue of the battery can be damaged if charge when below freezing.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cochy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Tom, 

there were surely some cold days. 

But how the Arlo Go device works normally? Let's say, the temperature is OK. Will the Arlo Go device start automatically , when there is some power in the battery again? Or is it necessary to do manually any changes there? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, the camera should resume operation when battery level allows it. However, there's a possibility that the battery is totally flat and needs to be revived to allow it to charge. There's an FAQ here on how to revive a dead battery - multiple charging attempts to get enough charge into the battery to allow it to charge normally. You may have to do that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation