Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor
One of my Arlo Go cameras (I own 3) shows a red circle containing a red exclamation point. This camera no longer allows me to see live video however it still is able to capture video when movement is detected and I am able to view the clips. I can’t find an answer to why this one Arlo Go is not working correctly. I’ve owned all three cameras for nearly 4 years now.
3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi N22Tango,

Can you show a screenshot where one of your Arlo Go camera is showing a red circle containing a red exclamation point?

ggohara
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try resetting it. Open the camera, pull out the battery. I usually count to ten, then put it back and close it.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for the lag-time in replying...

The two Arlo Go cameras I am having problems with (red exclamation point inside a red circle) are on an annual plan I have directly through Netgear/Arlo. My third Arlo Go that doesn't have the above problem is paid service I have is directly through AT&T.  

I pulled the batteries from the "problem" Arlo Gos, did a reset and still no luck. I gave up and canceled my service on these two "problem cameras", so now I am down to one Arlo Go (the one through AT&T).

I'd certainly like to have three functioning cameras, but it is a lot of trouble resetting the two I have problems with because they are mounted high off the ground and I have to haul out a very heavy and tall ladder each time to reset and/or tweak those two cameras. And having no luck in getting the two "problem cameras" to work, I'm probably going to buy a couple of different cellular-based cameras that are sold through Sam's Club and see if they can work for me. If the new cameras out perform my remaining and functional Arlo Go, I'll dump that one too.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation