Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kaiju
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. I have one camera pointing at the front door. Obviously if that door opens, Arlo will tell me. But I was told that Arlo can also be set to alert me if there is simply sound outside the door where the camera can't see it. Is that correct? I'm not so sure. I appreciate your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, just like Arlo can record/notify/sound alarm or trigger another device if motion is sensed, it can also do the same if audio is sensed. Just go into your Mode and make sure there is a check mark next to detects audio.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, just like Arlo can record/notify/sound alarm or trigger another device if motion is sensed, it can also do the same if audio is sensed. Just go into your Mode and make sure there is a check mark next to detects audio.

brh
Master
Master

Correct, but through a door, the sound would have to be pretty loud, like a car door being slammed shut, a dog barking, etc..

Brian

Kaiju
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. I wondered if my loud-talking neighbor whose front door is about six feet away would trigger it. They have packages delivered daily and let them sit in front of their door until late at night-- and they've started to be stolen. Their fault for continuing to leave bait there, but I wondered if Arlo might help keep an eye on that too. 

brh
Master
Master

He might. but the package delivery probably wouldn't. If you knew he was away from home you could detect someone coming to the door by placing a motion detector close by and get a notification if someone came close to the doors. Then let that trigger the Arlo to start recording. That is what ai did. But to defeat the delay I also put a motion sensor on either side of my door about 8 feet away to detect someone approaching my porch and start the camera recording earlier. Don't know if you can do that being that close together. 

Brian

Kaiju
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. Good ideas. It just feels odd to have this security inside but someone could be outside mere feet away stealing things. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation