Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Go - can you set it to be active just a specific time?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Alexiandra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I'm from Sweden and my exuses for bad grammar. 

An Arlo Go used as a barn cam for horses. Ie lots of motion. The manual states you can adjust the motion sensivity but I have no such alternative. I just can change video quality vs battery life ratio and darkness mode. Nothing else. 

I try to read the manual about setting schedules. But in no way can I get the camera to ignore motions etc for a specified time. Ie have it ignore motions except for like 1 am to 5 am every night. 

Have I misunderstood or is something wrong with the camera? 

Getting pretty tired of setting an alarm for 1am every night to turn on camera and then turn it off at 5 am. (if on all the time it drains both battery and gigabyte data in no time)

Thanks in advance!

(Bonus question,in the app there is greyed out and inactive settings for when this do that, for example "record a video". How can I find out what cameras have that function? Ie if Arlo 2 has it...)

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alexiandra wrote:

(Bonus question,in the app there is greyed out and inactive settings for when this do that, for example "record a video". How can I find out what cameras have that function? Ie if Arlo 2 has it...)

If you see this, then you probably don't have an Arlo Secure subscription for the camera.  So check that first.

@Alexiandra wrote:

An Arlo Go used as a barn cam for horses. Ie lots of motion. The manual states you can adjust the motion sensivity but I have no such alternative. I just can change video quality vs battery life ratio and darkness mode. Nothing else. 

The answer for this (and scheduling) depends on whether your app shows "Library", or whether it shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  I am assuming you see "Library" - if that's not correct, let us know.

The motion sensitivity is set in the camera rules (which are in the mode).  Details are here:

If you are wanting to detect motion from people in the area, it is best to use the motion detection test to find the correct setting.  Move around in the area of interest, and use the test to find the lowest threshold that detects you reliably.  Then make sure you use a setting somewhat above that minimum.

It is also possible to create a schedule for the camera:

You can use this to disarm the camera when you don't need it to detect motion.

One issue you might run into - you cannot schedule over midnight.  So if you want to set up the camera to be armed from 20:00 to 8:00 the next morning, you need to create two entries - one for 20:00 to 23:59, and one for midnight to 8:00.

Alexiandra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. 

I have a Arlo subscription (single camera). I have "feed". Buy i can't set motion sensivity because I don't have the options that is mentioned in the manual and instructions on the Arlo website.. 

It feels like they updated the app/interface and left Arlo go behind? Ie new interface but useless and zero options. 

Can you post pictures here? If so I can send screenshots. Will be in Swedish but symbols etc should be enough to understand anyway 

Schedule isn't working, I can set it to go from home to away to standby. But that's all. And it detects motion in all three. Only way to keep it from detecting motion and recording (and thus using up battery and data) is to turn it off in the app...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alexiandra wrote:

I have a Arlo subscription (single camera). I have "feed". Buy i can't set motion sensivity because I don't have the options that is mentioned in the manual and instructions on the Arlo website.. 

Do these instructions help?:

Not sure whether there are still issues with the Go and "Feed" or not.  Can you confirm this is the "Go" and not the "Go 2"?

Alexiandra
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's the Go. NOT the Go 2. 

And sadly I don't have the options that's mentioned in the link. Not even greyed out, it's just not there

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation