Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brandirphipps
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the latest firmware and settings on optimized battery life, and my new batteries are dying within 2 weeks. They record no more than 3 times daily. Found a post from last summer (viewed nearly 500 times) where another user was having same problem and the conversation is closed because a moderator posted something with a generic “save battery life” link—no help. Thinking this is a long-forgotten firmware issue that needs attention.

Sure hope I don’t fall off the ladder from continuously needing to charge these things...

Come on, Arlo! I expect better from you.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi brandirphipps,

The average battery life for Arlo Go camera usually lasts about two to three months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

Make sure that you have three or more LTE signal strength bars on your Arlo Go. You can try to remove the battery from your Arlo Go camera and re-insert it back in a few minutes later.

brandirphipps
Aspirant
Aspirant

The signal strength is at least 3 bars and has been. Also, re-inserting the batteries doesn't help. This has been going on for a couple months for both of my cameras, so not an isolated thing. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation