Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go and Arlo Essential not recording at night

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Armydad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seven cameras from the Go to the essential and they all stopped recording at night. I am very familiar with the settings menu and the operations of the dashboard. Would my subscription have anything to do with it. They record during the day. All camers started 6/20 22 not recording at night. They record during the day. You can view cameras at night just not record. I would think it was a bad bad camera if i only had one but all 7. How do I see what plan I have? Your help with this would be greatly appreciated and our animals would appreciate it as well.

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Armydad wrote:

You can view cameras at night just not record. 

Are you saying you cannot make a manual recording while livestreaming at night?  Or just that you aren't getting any motion detection?

@Armydad wrote:

How do I see what plan I have? Your help with this would be greatly appreciated and our animals would appreciate it as well.

You go into the subscription area of the app.  You should see the subscription(s) there.  Clicking on "manage cameras" will show you what cameras are subscribed.

Armydad
Aspirant
Aspirant

ankyou for replying. I normally arm devices at night to record to motion and they all stop showing any recordings at night. I will check and see if i can record manually at night and let you know

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Armydad,

In addition to the livestreaming/manual recording test, have you tried walking in front of the cameras at night while Armed to test to see if they are detecting motion?

JamesC

sweetrats
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem with my Arlo Essential. It just stopped recording anything at night. I too, familiar with the settings and have it set to ARMED, with no schedule. This started happening about the same time as the OP's did. I have tried many things to fix this, with no luck.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try something that seemed to help me - disable the camera(s) in Smart Notifications. Even though I had everything selected, including All Other Motion, disabling Smart on those cameras gave me more nighttime recordings.

No guarantee...

sweetrats
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll give it a try. Although, I do like to know when my camera is seeing things. Let's see if this helps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not saying to disable notifications, just Smart's interpretations.

sweetrats
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, sadly, the "smart" notifications are the only notifications option I have. I did try turning them off and yes, my Arlo Essential did record at night. But, obviously no alert.  This seems like a flaw in the software. And, to be fair, it was working fine up until June, much like the OP's.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. If you have any more thoughts, I'd be happy to try them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sweetrats wrote:

So, sadly, the "smart" notifications are the only notifications option I have. I did try turning them off and yes, my Arlo Essential did record at night. But, obviously no alert. 

You could going into setting->smart notifications and drag the camera to "inactive".  Then you should get motion notifications.

sweetrats
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll try that. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@sweetrats wrote:

So, sadly, the "smart" notifications are the only notifications option I have. I did try turning them off and yes, my Arlo Essential did record at night. But, obviously no alert. 

You could going into setting->smart notifications and drag the camera to "inactive".  Then you should get motion notifications.

That's actually what I meant. Disabling Smart notifications but not PNs is the workaround.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation