Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Wasserstein Solar Panel Not charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
justinhulst
Follower
Follower

I purchased a Wasserstein solar panel from Best Buy for my Arlo Go camera and can not get it charge the battery or even recognize it. 

I have tried-

-Charging battery to 100% before trying solar panel

-Removing device from the app and restarting

-Removing Arlo app from phone and re downloading the app

-Checking to make sure camera is up to date on software updates

-Cleaned connection for cord

-Removing battery while solar panel is hooked up and reinserting

I have the same brand solar charger for my Arlo Essential camera and that works just fine so far.

Starting to wonder if it's the Arlo Go camera? It constantly goes "offline" too when I'm paying monthly Verizion for its own data plan. Would appreciate any help, Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like that's a Wasserstein question, not Arlo. There have been various reports of 3rd party add-ons to Arlo that have had compatibility issues. Of course, it could simply be a bad panel.

Hoghunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done everything like you. Even got 2 more panels...none charge at all.

RTW1
Tutor
Tutor

There is something up with solar charging the Go cameras.  None of mine will solar charge anymore, when they worked fine for years before, with the Arlo OEM panel or Wasserstein.  They changed something in the firmware is my guess but of course no one at Arlo has a clue, as you will find if you try to contact support, useless.

scottchilders
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same exact problem. I splurged and bought 15 new Arlo go cameras and 15 wasserstein solar panels. Not one single panel will charge or be recognized buy the Arlo camera. I have yet to get a lightning bolt to appear as an icon on the app. And, the batteries are dying within a week. On a side note I thought the batteries lasted much longer than that.

This problem is driving me crazy since I made such a big investment. Is anyone figured out an answer?

I have two other Arlo go cameras that I have used for a couple years with a different manufacturer solar panel. Those have always worked fine and they are still working fine to this day.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation