Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Not completing start up

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eric_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have several of the Arlo Go's that won't complete the start up phase. I put the battery in and a blue light will blink slowly indefinitely. I have removed the SIM card and inserted the battery and it will give me the audible error and solid orange light. Then when I re-insert the SIM it goes back to blinking blue indefinitely. Is this a result of a bad firmware update? Any way I can resolve the issue?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are these new installs or existing? If new, are you following the setup procedure in the app or web client? Which cell provider? Have you verified the SIMs with the provider? 

Eric_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

These are existing installs. I have tried both mobile and web. Provider is Verizon and the SIMs are correct and active.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you take one camera to another location with better signal for testing? I suppose resetting a camera to see if that helps may be useful.

Eric_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've tried this with a couple of the field techs and no changes. Deleting the camera and re-adding it yielded no results.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eric_G,

Can you provide exact details on what happens as you're going through the initial setup steps? What errors are seen?

Have you tried factory resetting as described here: https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation