Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
RustyWinslow
Tutor
Tutor

Mine are back up and working for 3 days now.  Actually better than they were before for some reason.

The load time for the Live feed seems to be much better than before.  Why I have no idea.

Let's hope it lasts.

Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine were working for 2 days and now have been offline for the past 15 hours 😞
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. Online, no issues at all for several days. Suddenly now offline. It's a clear night, no clouds. I have full signal on my cell phone on the same carrier standing right next to the camera.
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
How are everyone's cameras doing with holding connection? Sounds like some of us are having issues again after the issues seemed resolved. This is the view from my camera. Clear skies, no obstructions, 1 mile from a tower, 3+ bar connection on my phone to Verizon. Will connect multiple times in a row, then goes offline and won't reset until I pull the battery. I like the Arlo cameras, but I'm tired of driving out in the middle of the night and multiple times a day to check on my horses because the camera won't hold a connection. Totally defeats the purpose of the Go camera.
Screenshot_20220420-085236_Arlo.jpg
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
The issue that most users had and was resolved was with AT&T. Are you having an issue with Verizon cameras? Maybe that also needs to be looked at.
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Verizon. Camera was online and fine at 7pm with 3+ bars signal. Just checked it and it's offline yet again. So back I go back to the barn to cycle the battery and cross my fingers that the signal holds overnight.
Screenshot_20220420-205343_Arlo.jpg
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
At 10:57pm. 3 bars of service. Battery at 97%. Clear night.
Screenshot_20220420-225350_Arlo.jpg
suasnpd
Tutor
Tutor

AT&T update appears to have worked since all of my cameras are now online and functional again. However, I've noticed the schedules don't appear to be working. They say they are armed, but not really until I manually disarm them and put them back on the schedule will the actually arm. Then on the app despite the scheduled time they remain disarmed. Is this a byproduct of the recent update?

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
My 6 Reolink cams have been up and running 100% of the time since I installed them in Feb. and they stay fully charged with the solar panels. I am also saving money each month with T-Mobile. Never going back to AT&T!!
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo was at 3+ bars, almost full battery. I clicked to live stream standing 5 feet away. It spun for over a minute trying to connect, then dropped offline. I just recycled the Go by pulling the battery six times and resetting the sim card and it won't go online. My cell phone has 4 bars and its a ckear night with a cell tower 1 mile away. Sorry, Arlo and Verizon. I'm switching to Reolink and T-Mobile.
Keven55
Guide
Guide
First off I’d like to say this is been very frustrating having my Arlo cameras work but it finally has seem to be continuously online although I have sought other alternatives and I found out that the best source is to remove my Arlo camera and go with it (Reolink Go). The camera itself is much better quality and has the ability to pan and zoom so much better than the Arlo go

I have struggled to find a compatible Sim card rather than using the servers of AT&T or Verizon I did not have T-Mobile service for my camera I have found the solution that corrects it all with a prepaid Sim card as long as you have either AT&T or T-Mobile service simply go with the link below and use purchase ( EIOClUB) SIM card. I purchased mine off of Amazon for $5 and prepaid for the amount of usage. Cheaper than having to have a service plan for me. Thanks for all the help and feel free to contact me for any questions. Good luck all
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Kevin, does that SIM card work with an AT&T Arlo Go?  I tried a T-Mobile prepaid sim in my AT&T Arlo Go and it would not work.

I'd be interested in getting that camera back online for $5/month.  Am not interested in spending $20/month for an AT&T card, even if the issue has been fixed.

Keven55
Guide
Guide
Yes it does. I also have AT&T. I just purchased the Eiotclub SIM card off Amazon for unlimited data for 12 months or 360 days for much less than $20 a month. I’m thinking on buying a card for the Arlo as well and drop AT&T altogether. Good luck !
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

Thanks, Kevin.  You said you are "Thinking of buying a card for the Arlo as well".   For clarification, have you verified that card works in an Arlo camera that is AT&T specific?

I was told the T-Mobile card would work in my Arlo Go.  Nope, didn't work.I tried to unlock my Arlo Go but got a message that it was not an AT&T device.

I suspect there is something proprietary in each Arlo Go that prevents it working on another network.

Thanks, again.

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor
Well it was nice while it lasted....cameras stayed online and worked well for over a week and now they are back offline. So frustrating. Paying 40 plus taxes and fees to ATT every month for two cameras that are pretty much useless for what they are intended for....security cams. Anyone else back to having issues with Arlo Go with ATT?
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras have all been back online for a little over a week after being offline due to the issue. Starting this morning they are going offline again. Absolutely ridiculous. They have offered me nothing for these issues.

Arlo has the worst customer support!
Miagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have arlo go, it says offline but I’ve tried everything, still blinks blue. I don’t know why it just started saying offline this week
Miagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera has Verizon service, is it being worked on? It constantly says offline.