Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Quick update from tech support, folks. We are getting closer, I think.

From tech support:

To explain more about this issue, the issue seems highly likely it is caused by AT&T 3G sunset/shutdown. If the device is looking to a 3G APN, and the SIM is not provisioned with that APN, it will fail and not allow it to “move up” to LTE/Broadband.

The team is still on working on having the device to look for the available network. Rest assured we will let you know once there is further progress on this case.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with carriers to to resolve this issue. 

Jd070409
Aspirant
Aspirant

I activate 1 camera 1 time a year, for a month, in my barn to watch lambs being born. The battery is good, always plugged in and 100% but clips go from 10 seconds, then down to 2, then goes offline about 3 times per day. Signal issue? Need a booster of some kind? Bad sim card? Its odd to me that the fix is to take the battery out and put back in when the battery seems great. My husband wants me to junk it and Im not wanting to give up yet. It works on an AT& T plan. 

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

And we are hearing more of what we already know.  The issue is the sunsetting of the 3G towers and the Arlo Go won't switch to LTE only.

After many attempts, I finally got mine to switch to "LTE Only".  That didn't solve the problem.

I have moved on to a Reolink with T-Mobile - It has been flawless.  I've cancelled the AT&T service on my Arlo Go.

I'd love to sell my Arlo Go but who would want to buy something that doesn't work?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
There is an issue with AT&T that they are working on.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Couldn’t do it on the website but could when I called and told them someone had this plan. Thanks!
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Go on Verizon has joined your ranks. I've had intermittent connectivity issues that have now escalated tonight to consistent. Verizon is uninformed and useless with this issue.

I have a wifi Reolink PT that I love but can't use at my barn with no wifi. For those of you who switched, which Reolink camera did you get? I'd like another PT as the pan and tilt are very helpful to look across the entire pasture.

Has anyone switched to the Arlo Go 2? Does it hold a connection?

Thank you!
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I bought 6 of the “Reolink GO PT’s” for my business and they are awesome.
Haven’t looked back!
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I've been happy with the wifi version so glad to know the 4g version is just as good. Now if they'd make them dual wifi and 4g.....
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
I have ordered one Go 2 to use with the older ones. I have them on a boat and I like that the Go 2 has gps location if I ever need to know the camera, or the boat has gone. Also like that the originals are on AT&T and the new one on Verizon, so good redundancy.
Jettsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you had any trouble with the Go 2 losing connectivity? I have an Arlo Essential wifi and like it. I hate that these connectivity issues are happening because I've been happy with Arlo too, just not the dropped connection so often. I need to see that my older horse is ok with the camera instead of driving to him.
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
It hasn’t arrived yet, but haven’t heard of any issues with the Arlo go 2. Also I was happy to get the $20/month plan from Verizon. Thought I would need a cell phone on the plan but it’s not needed. I know the development team is getting closer to a solution. Fingers crossed that it happens very soon.
Junkak
Guide
Guide

My ArloGo with ATT has been having the same issues as everybody else.

Switched to ArloGo2 with Verizon (no phone, just camera for $20 per month) and have not lost connection during the full week of use. Much better camera so it was worth the upgrade.

suasnpd
Tutor
Tutor

I will concur I am having the same issues. I have 10 AT&T cameras and 2 Verizon cameras and the AT&T cameras are randomly going offline and will stay offline for hours or days before coming back online. The cameras always reconnect when I restart the cameras, but will eventually go offline again. I have spot checked reception interference, factory reset, switched batteries, etc. Always the same issues. Glad to see this is being worked on. 

JasonW12
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  - Would you please private message me.  I am needing some insight on what steps are being done to fix this.  I work in the Public Safety vertical for a telecommunications company and have my support team engaged trying to resolve this for a public safety agency.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Great news! I see many users on the AT&T forums reporting that their cameras are working again. Can you share what the issue was?
KBGood
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, it appears my Arlo Go is back up and staying online. I will monitor it for the next few days and comment.

Junkak
Guide
Guide
Can confirm my ArloGo with ATT has had consistent signal and accessibility for the last 24 hrs.
I'm sure we all appreciate a working product again but what a long road to get back to normal.
Almost 4 months of unreliable service.

Oh well, back up now.
SHal
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo support called me (twice) to say "the issue has been resolved." I've already canceled my phones and plan with AT&T. Can anyone verify their Arlo Go for AT&T is working consistently? Thank you.

Junkak
Guide
Guide
Seems to be working. Normal operations for last 24 hrs.

I'm keeping the Go2 I bought from Verizon. 1080p video is waaaaay better. Can actually zoom in on a frame and see a face clearly. Has been installed for over one week and battery is 96%.
BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I really hope the issue has been resolved.  If so, anyone want a good deal on an AT&T Arlo Go?  I couldn't stand the downtime and moved on.

SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Has Arlo mentioned any type of compensation for the cameras not working for 3 months?
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. I have 6 of them for sale if anyone is interested.
I’ll be putting them on eBay shortly.
Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
So far mine lasted a full day without going offline....which is better than its been the past 3 months