Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, i bought my camera Arlo Go in august 2021. Now my camera working online only couple a days after charging and go to offline, i have three batteries , same happens with all batteries. Could you help me with this issue? It is hard always to go their and remove battery for restarting.
FB18189A-7322-4006-8948-980511B25EDA.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your image, being offline doesn't necessarily mean the battery is dead. It's more likely that the cell service in the camera location is weak. If you take the camera to someplace with known good signal strength, does it work properly?

Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant
thank you for answer. i will make a test as you say: repositioning camera somewhere with better mobile service strength. it is take time. I will comeback with results later
Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go balcony test:
Signal: full strength. 
Results: Test duration about 7 days. Camera was two times( each third day) going offline. First time -about 12 hours, second time- 18 hours, and come back by itself.
My friend have same camera, never been offline, we trying put on same place for test, his camera work all time with out any issues.

What your suggestion for next step, warranty or change network service to another operator? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How old is the camera? If outside the warranty period (1 year for most places) contacting support may provide some extra support but not a replacement.

You can't change service providers - different radios in the camera would be needed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you swapped the locations with other working cameras and the same issue appeared, it may just be the cameras.

Are they under warranty ?  ( 1 yr )  If so, you may want to contact Arlo service

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
moprabbit
Guide
Guide
Thanks TomMac for your reply. The cameras aren't under warranty. So I think you're probably right that it's the cameras.
Kind regards
Ann
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem here in the United States.
I have a 6 Arlo Go cams that have been working fine until the last 2 weeks.
Now they constantly drop off the network.
I brought them into the AT&T store and they gave me brand-new Sim cards which did not solve the problem. The cameras continue to drop off the network.
I noticed this on the Arlo app as well as the web client on the computer.
I’m at a loss on this one.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice

(I am in the U.S.)

I have been using 6 of the Arlo Go cams over the last year without any problems. Within the last 2 weeks, all 6 cameras continuously drop off the network. I am noticing this happen on the iphone app and the web browser on the computer.

I just brought the cameras into the AT&T store hoping updated sim cards would resolve the issue and it did not. They told me there is nothing else they can do on their end. 

So I turned to this forum and I see others having the exact same issue. This leads me to believe it might be something on Arlo's end. 

Now what happened over the last few weeks to cause this? 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem but it is happening with ALL 6 of my Arlo Go cams and the problem started at the same time which was about 2 weeks ago. Too much of a coincidence for it to be faulty cameras. 

I am seeing others on here reporting the exact same problem.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide
That's really strange Brian Kook. I'm still having trouble with mine.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Briankook

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello and thanks for reaching out to me. 

I made sure that I am using FULLY CHARGED batteries.

I brought all 6 cameras into the local AT&T store and they installed brand new sim cards in each camera, but that did not resolve the problem. Yes I made sure to restart all cams after the sim cards were replaced.

I specifically asked them if there is anything else that can be done on their end and they said "no" unfortunately. 

I am certainly open for any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Brian

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having the same exact problem with AT&T arlo go. I have two miles apart and they have both started going offline recently after a couple of years of working. They also intermittently pickup movement- probably due to being offline. But these are security cameras they should tell us if they are making them obsolete or something. I know they have the go 2 now but I don’t think they have it with att yet. So what do we do in the mean time to make them work? Att says there isn’t anything they can do beyond new sims.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply.
I just replaced the SIM cards again with unlimited data cards and I have the same problem.
At this point, I’m going to get away from these Arlo cams and go with the Reolink cams suggested by the AT&T rep.
Keven55
Guide
Guide

I've had my camera for a couple years now and only have been experiencing constant offline in the past few week. I have a remote vacation home that doesn't have Wi-Fi so I went with my cellular company AT&T  and pay for a dedicated line for my camera through LTE.  I'm very frustrated with Arlo's lack of support helping to identify what the problem might be.  I've been told that there should be a patch and a Firmware update now that 5G is being broadcasted.

My solution to getting back online:

I've gone to The camera home page, Click on * symbol in bottom right corner. Device setting-connected to,  turned on (Roaming), Then waited to see the camera go back online. 

This has been the only way I have been able to get reconnected when I log in remotely to view live.

when I log back out in back in later its offline.  I've tried everything in my setting and nothing else seems to work.

Very frustrating 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks.
So do you think it’s an AT&T issue?
I do.
So far, nothing has worked.
Keven55
Guide
Guide
I believe it most likely is. They have continued to refer me back to Arlo as they don’t have a answer. It could be that the tower is now broadcasting in 5g but couldn’t be confirmed. Arlo also would have firmware update if this is the case. I’m still working on it and looking into alternatives for cameras
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
These are the cameras I am going to switch to if this does not get resolved:

https://reolink.com/us/product/reolink-go-pt/
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
In mid December I switched to a unlimited data plan for all of our phones and devices with att and didn’t think it had anything to do with it especially as the problem has only occurred in the last few weeks but as both cameras are not the same age and one has been exposed to the weather and the other has not it makes me think it’s either att or a software change at arlo. For it to start happening to both of my cameras at the same time makes doubt it’s hardware. Someone has made a change either arlo or att but I do see several people complaining of the same thing with verizon recently so I lean towards the problem being with arlo. I’m sure they think it’s time to upgrade to their new arlo go 2. I have excellent signal strength and my camera says it’s on LTE as it has for some time. This is issue is very frustrating as the cameras are worthless for security now in that it misses most motion now. Maybe I can get it back online with the app to live view but something is intermittently taking it offline because once in a while I will get a motion alert but I know it’s missed most of the motion.

Pardon my rambling about this as I’m just very frustrated that it no longer works and they don’t yet have a new one for att available. Not that I want to upgrade but I need the security of the camera in these locations. If anyone comes up with a solution please pass it along.

Thank you!
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I also upgraded all cameras to unlimited data per the request of my AT&T sales rep. 

Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem.

Still trying to figure out if it is Arlo or AT&T's issue. Since you mentioned complaints from Verizon users, that also leads me to believe it is Arlo. 

Does Arlo support ever reply on these threads? Please, help!

-Brian

blackskyUFO
Initiate
Initiate
Cameras keeps going offline … I have the AT&T version …. Cellular data is greyed put into the off position … only time the camera comes back online is when I turn roaming on … this is frustrating and needs a fix … AT&T is shutting down its 3G network in February 2022 … could this be the issue ?
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is your cellular data button greyed out under settings? Mine is but I still intermittently get the cameras working I just don’t remember having seen that until recently but maybe I just missed it. It had worked so solidly for so long I really hadn’t needed to go to settings in a long time. This is just really frustrating and I wonder if anyone from arlo reads these posts? Do you have arlo secure subscription or the older arlo premier or whatever they call it? Just wondering if that would help.
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
I doubt it’s a 5g issue as the camera is LTE and my 5g phone still shows LTE periodically and works fine with that. I guess it could be a frequency but I would think the 3g 4g LTE would mean it would still be working since it does eventually get assigned a ip from att. It’s communicating somehow. Apparently not with arlo. I think it’s a arlo issue myself but who knows since they won’t help.