Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

Good day all,

Any one aware where to buy Arlo Go from in Australia?. Telstra is not aware as the Go has their logo on it. Cheers M

27 REPLIES 27
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MP-AUS,

Take a look here for more information: Arlo Go Mobile HD Security Camera for Telstra

JamesC

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

Thanks JamesC,

I have sen that but not sure where to buy it from, maybe i missed it.

cheers

Mp

amachon
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC can you put a bit more effort in to your job. Refering to a link that is wrong is pretty lame. There is no reference to the Arlo GO on the Telstra site. Maybe you should have let telstra know before advertising it.

And why make these products exclusive, thats just dumb.

amachon
Tutor
Tutor

I purchases one from Amazon 3 months ago and used a Telstra sim with a Solar Panel from amazon as well and it works great.

MP-AUS
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the info, could you please let me know what was the approx price?  there is one for 430 $. Good to know the US go can be used with telstra sim. Cheers.

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchesed the Arlo GO with sola panel from Amazon all looks good but having trouble with the telstra sim any help would be Awsome !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

Which model Arlo Go did you purchase? On the box, you should see a product SKU ( VML4030-100NAS for example).

JamesC

Icey
Initiate
Initiate

Hi James,

Can you please let me know what SKU I should be looking to buy?

Cheers

amachon
Tutor
Tutor

Make sure you have correct APN telstra.internet

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is a APN TELSTRA !!!

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

SKU VML4030-200NAS

amachon
Tutor
Tutor

I already put it in my reply...You dont need anything else.

telstra.internet

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

The VML4030-200NAS uses the Arlo Mobile subscription plan which is only available in the US. Take a look here: What Arlo Mobile service plans are available?

For a list of available providers for Arlo Go and Arlo Go models, take a look here: How can I tell who my Arlo Go service provider is?

JamesC

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

So James there must be away to get this GO connected its a lot of money to throw in the BIN ??? ANY IDEAS !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

That Arlo Go model is not designed to work outside the US and can only be used with the Arlo Mobile subscription plan (US only).

JamesC

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

So why was this  information not give out untill know ???  what am i to do with a $800 dollar Camera that wont work ??   

amachon
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

I am not sure you have looked at what I have written. I am using an Arlo GO from the US with a Telstra sim.

It does not need a subscription.

If any one doesnt want theirs because it doesnt work I will take it off your hands.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

Each Arlo Go model is designed to work with a specific carrier. You can try editing the APN as suggested by amachon above to allow use of another SIM but this may not work in all cases. This can be done by navigating to Settings > My Devices > Arlo Go > APN Settings.

JamesC

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James anychance you could walk me through how to do this ???? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

At what point in the setup process are you experiencing an issue? Is the Telstra SIM you currently have already activated?

JamesC

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes its active !!! tryed to re set device but every time it canot find the device !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kenski13,

I recommend you contact the Arlo Support Team to further troubleshoot. You will find several methods of contact here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Kenski13
Aspirant
Aspirant

all ready tried too many times & still waiting on a resolution ??????

mickus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Kenski,

Any luck with this? I purchased the same model Arlo Go (SKU: VML4030-200NAS) about a year ago with the intention of roadtesting as a potentional cost effective solution to monitor my construction sites. I spent a bunch of time researching operating bands and tried Optus, Telstra, Vodaphone sims to no avail.

Have you had any further luck with this? 

Cheers.

Kenski13 wrote:

all ready tried too many times & still waiting on a resolution ??????

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation