Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go (3 weeks old) will not go back online

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried removing the battery, letting the Arlo Go sit for a minute, reinstall the battery... replugging the charger and that doesn't work.

Tried removing the battery, plug the charger into the charge port, THEN sliding the battery back in and that doesn't work either.

When I press the small button on the top of the Arlo Go, I see a slow blue blinking LED. Then I hear a "TAA TAA TAA TAA" then I see a rapid blinking orange LED, then the LED shuts off after about 20 seconds, and still nothing.

I bought this at Best Buy three weeks ago, they helped me set it up in the store, it worked GREAT and now it seems to suggest my SIM card is not recognized.

Calling Arlo support was no help. I stayed on hold so long that the battery in my iPhone 7 Plus went dead. By the way, the app works great on the iPhone for my original Arlo cameras (purchased in 2015) and it worked great when I added the Arlo Go, but the "TAA TAA TAA TAA" sound reminds me of the sound the military plays for "TAPS" and lights out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

James:

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

My Arlo Go is working exceedingly well. I went ahead and purchased the most expensive plan offered for service (since birds were fond of landing on my gate at my ranch and triggering the Arlo Go frequently) but, the system is working WONDERFULLY now and it runs great on the solar panel. 

I managed to set the camera for night viewing too and the very dark nights we have in in this rural area (no city lights for miles and miles away, nor street lights either) and the scene at night through the camera is incredible. 

Very, VERY happy with my purchase now. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a bad camera. I'd go back to BB and see if they can make it work or swap you for a new camera.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I also think it is a defective camera and I'll make the 80 mile round-trip drive to Best Buy and see if I can get a replacement. I purchased their extended warranty, so in addition to the standard Arlo warranty I should be in good shape. I'll post again 5-18 with the outcome.

Thanks

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

New camera arrived today (5-21-18) Model VML-4030.  This is the AT&T version, which is what our cell phone are on and we have strong LTE service here. 

I aimed the Arlo Go at the barcode shown on the app on my iPhone 7 Plus, heard the chime and then I get "could not find camera..."  I repeated the process using my MacBook Air to shoot the barcode thinking the screen on the 7 Plus might have played a role in the problem and instead of using the app on my iPhone, I went to my account through Netgear and I still get "could not find the camera."

I'd like to toss the Arlo Go to my dogs now and say "get the bone" but the Arlo Go is too pricy, and it probably is going back to Best Buy for a refund in the next few days. 

My 4 original Arlo cameras I bought in 2015 were very easy to set up and were flawless as we viewed our house interior and exterior on tour busses in Ireland, England and Scotland, but I'm  getting disappointed in Netgear and Arlo because the Arlo Go is so problematic.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Got the second Arlo Go working! And here is what I had to do...

I downloaded an app called Coverage Map that shows all the cell phone towers in my area. Some towers have really lousy upload and download speeds, some have really fast upload and download speeds. I got in my car, and drove to a cell tower compatible with my Arlo Go (in this case, an AT&T tower) parked as close as I could to it, wiped the Arlo Go off of my list of cameras (I have several original Arlos I purchased in 2015) and I went back and started the "add device" in the Arlo app. As I was sitting in my car (nearly under the cell phone tower) I reinstalled the battery into the new Arlo Go, shot the bar code that came up on my iPhone 7 Plus and then all was well. I drove back home and the Arlo Go is performing as advertised.

The original Arlo Go that I bought about 5 weeks ago simply would not take a charge and I took it back to Best Buy, where they boxed it up and ordered me a new Arlo Go (that got here today, 5-21-18) and I suspect the original Arlo Go's charge port was faulty due to the plug on the solar panel not connecting into the charge port, and probably damaging the internal port on the "old" Arlo Go. The people at Best Buy couldn't get the 110 volt charger to work, thus my reason to believe the small and seemingly "delicate" internal charge port was damaged by the solar panel connector.

So for now, I'm back in business, but highly suspicious of the solar panel.

I'm going to leave the 2nd Arlo Go on the 110 volt charger for about a week, and then later try using the solar panel again. 

Arloisinferior
Aspirant
Aspirant

You need to ditch all Netgear products (especially Arlo) if you want to have any reliabilty or any sense of customer support. I have tried multiple times to contact support and it takes an average of an hour and a half to actually get someone who generally is of no help. I was told I was going to have a replacement battery sent out only to discover that I received an email instructing me to fill out a RMA form for the bad battery (one month old) and needed the RMA authorization number that the "fellow with a weird accent" didn't provide me. Another hour + on hold and the other guy with the "foreign accent" told me he was having troubles processing the exchange. He was to call me back and was never heard from again. 3rd time a few days later and was on hold for over 2.5 hours (doing some yard work while I waited) and finally gave up. There is no support from Netgear or Arlo so I would highly advise to seek out other options.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the poor support experience. Do you have a case number I can reference? If so, please send me a private message with your email address and your case number and I will escalate as necessary.

JamesC

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

James:

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

My Arlo Go is working exceedingly well. I went ahead and purchased the most expensive plan offered for service (since birds were fond of landing on my gate at my ranch and triggering the Arlo Go frequently) but, the system is working WONDERFULLY now and it runs great on the solar panel. 

I managed to set the camera for night viewing too and the very dark nights we have in in this rural area (no city lights for miles and miles away, nor street lights either) and the scene at night through the camera is incredible. 

Very, VERY happy with my purchase now. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

N22Tango,

Great to hear! Thanks for the followup.

JamesC

cp4166
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system worked up until 2 weeks ago.  I was able to view images remotely as I am in another state and do not have direct access to my system.  I have rebooted the main system several times, but cannot connect to 2 of my 3 cameras.  The only one the is somewhat responsive is the one where I know I have a low battery issue.  The others had plenty of "juice" prior to this issue.  I spoke with support yesterday and they were not any help and told me I had to be re-boot the cameras directly - I am 5 hours away and dont have plans to go home to re-boot my cameras.  What good is it to not be able to remotely manage these devices if you don't have direct access?  I purchased this system so that I could monitor my home while traveling.   I have even re-booted my internet router remotely to make sure it wasn't an internet issue.  So whilel I have a ADT system, I have no "eyes" on the property!!! Thanks Arlo!!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation