Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
frkkie
Tutor
Tutor

has anybody come up with any clever ways to hide this in plain site without anybody noticing it - camouflage? bird house? thing is i have to have easy access to remove it for charging? right now i put mine in a black neoprene koozie that’s suppose to be for a can/bottle beer. fit well and the slots that are open on the bottom sides aid in attaching it to a pole right by my entrance. i then put a motion detection light above it which really helped cause it blinded anyone coming in my gated entrance until they reached my front door.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey frkkie,

If you need a skin to help hide your Arlo Go camera, feel free to check these skins out: Arlo Go Skins.

frkkie
Tutor
Tutor
no clue if that’s the correct camera but i had to choose from their list before i could post. i have the arlo go from verizon and for the most part i love it.

i built a bird house out of stuff i had laying around, painted it a dark color. put the bird house on a stand/post next to my entrance and can see my gate, my street and if anyone comes on my deck from any direction. the only problem is it’s very windy and i get a ton a notifications at times then other times the camera gives no notifications for periods of 8-12 hrs which i find odd that in those hours not a movement or sound was heard, could it be going off line since i live in the boonies and sometimes only get 1 bar on my phone even...just curious if anyone else has encountered this?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frkkie wrote:
no clue if that’s the correct camera 

The Arlo Go uses LTE (cellular data) instead of WiFi and has no base station.

frkkie
Tutor
Tutor
yes i know the arlo go has no base station and uses a sim card - i set it up my self. that still does not explain the huge time gaps of nothing being seen or heard when usually i get alerts all the time. then when i got to my library i notice 8-12 hrs of no recordings / alerts. so since it uses a sim card as does my iphone which sometimes goes down to one bar of service from 3 bars, i don’t ever get 4 bars out here and had to switch to verizon when i moved to the BFE since i had zero connection while on att with my iphone. i don’t want to keep the arlo app open even if i had time to view it to see if it’s a problem with service fading in and out....just wondered if anyone has had a problem with huge gaps of nothing recorded or if the signal gets dropped or fades out at times or if someone is turning it off? if that’s possible since i’m
the only user - could someone come from behind so i would not see them to switch it off?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@frkkie wrote:
yes i know the arlo go has no base station and uses a sim card - i set it up my self. 

I was responding to your comment that you didn't know if you'd selected the right camera.  If you meant the VMC3030, then you didn't select the right one - but the Arlo Go isn't listed (along with a bunch of other stuff).  @JamesC  should update the model list.

@frkkie wrote:
 that still does not explain the huge time gaps of nothing being seen or heard when usually i get alerts all the time.

A poor quality network connection is likely the cause.  Who is your service provider?  Do you use it for other devices (or know some one in your area who does)?

frkkie
Tutor
Tutor
yes i know there isn’t an option to choose arlo go so anyways.
my service provider is verizon since when i moved out there AT&T had zero connection for my phone. i had to drive a mile to use my phone. not sure how it would be possible to use another device or how another person in the area would affect the network connection - i mean i get if i lived in area with a lot of people it could slow down my speed - i see that even on my phone at times when i’m barely getting one bar of service. but seriously 8-12hr gap and lots of times the gaps are at nite - late and from past experience late night always has the least congestion.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're having problems where you're getting you might be getting poor signal and getting 8-12 hours gap, try referring to this article: How can I optimize mobile connectivity for my Arlo Go camera?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation