Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to hardwire solar panel to charge Arlo Go?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
laynea15
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have over 40 Arlo Go's on jobsites getting full sunlight, and over half of the cameras have charging faults. Is there any way i can hard wire the solar panel to charge it? Please Help

6 REPLIES 6
laynea15
Aspirant
Aspirant

To keep it charged I mean. The plug from solar panel to the camera is not secure enough and a hard wired solar panel would really be ideal for the company. Is this possible? or is there another way?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without modifications to the case and/or connectors there's no way to hardwire them. The connection should be sufficient but certainly can be a PITA to get seated in the first place. If there's no damage to the connectors on either the cable or camera due to water infiltration I would think a reseating would work fine. You could try some waterproof grease on the seal itself (NOT the connector) to ease the full seating and help prevent moisture from getting in.

ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide

Can I use silicon grease on the seal?

-Arlo Go VML4030-100PES SN: 51D Location: Sweden FW: 1.096.3.1_1.8.63.0_0 .6.5.19.GC.002 -
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds good as long as you ensure it's only on the seal and nowhere near the contacts.

ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide

I used Vaseline on the sealing got the tips from an electrician. Get the same error with incompatible charger after exactly 2 days as before.... works fine for 2 days then error

-Arlo Go VML4030-100PES SN: 51D Location: Sweden FW: 1.096.3.1_1.8.63.0_0 .6.5.19.GC.002 -
RTW1
Tutor
Tutor

None of my Go cameras will hold a charge from the solar charger anymore - getting faults on all of them.  Tried changing panels, changing cables, changing cameras, no good.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation