Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Go will not alllow me to put it active in arlo smart

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
dmyatt
Tutor
Tutor

I reported that my Arlo Go would not allow me to move it to "active" within the arlo smart app (which I pay a monthly subscription to).  I was advised that this is a known issue.  After I researched a little more I found that customers have been compaining about this issue since 11/2018.  This is 5/2019.  I find it very frustrating that Netgear and Arlo has been unable and/or unwilling to fix this issue in over 6 months!  We (The customer) purchase these devices for $249 and then pay Verizon $20/mo for service and then Netgear/Arlo another $3-$20/mo for the cloud and it's all useless unless it works.  I was asked to call a number today from my last trouble ticket so that I could do more trouble shooting.  I called and was adised that there still wasn't a fix.   HORRIBLE customer service!  Horrible doesn't even describe it.  The WORST customer service I've ever experienced in my 51 years of life and I'm basing that on multiple attempts to get this problem fixed not just one or two instances.  Overall customer service is HORRIBLE!   DO NOT purhase this product.

28 REPLIES 28
Mboysaw01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issues. I never had the Go cameras in smart notifications. I always got pictures when got notification. Now I see nothing. I have the smart premier subscriptions.
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
I sincerely wish you luck with it as I have had none. I’ve just given up trying to make it work. The programming is broken. And they aren’t fixing it. It’s been months since this started and no solution yet. Everything they’ve suggested I’ve done and I’m not going to endure another lengthy convo with s rep on the phone to go through the exact same steps again and again. They need to fix it and I guess the only way we will get that accomplished is to keep complaining about it but it’s going to have to be someone else’s turn to call. I’m so completely burned out on the thing and wish I had WiFi at this location so I could use another brand of camera that delivers what it promises. Of course I have some ring cameras with a issue that their engineers are working on and have been for some time now so I know they all have problems. The one thing I’ll say for them is at least their support people acknowledge they have a issue and have quit telling me to run through the same steps over and over without a different outcome (see definition of insanity). Now their reps are telling the truth in that there is nothing more I can do except wait for their engineers to fix it. I wish arlo would adopt a similar policy. Honesty is always a winner.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

erienadadora
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding a new date to the Arlo Smart Premier doesn't work scenario: August 20th, 2019.

Wasted the "free month" because engineering was supposedly working on the problem. Now, past the free month-end date, they have taken my payment for Smart Premier and engineering is still *working on it*. So basically deceit.  An orange bar across the website says I am not registered for the plan. Pretty flakey customer service, Netgear! 

AND adobe flash is not going to be supported soon. The camera is cool, but that's about it. Do not recommend adding Arlo Go to your security system for the next few months when services are unavailable, you are charged for them anyway, and Flash will not be supported. 

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation