Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO offline problem

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DSimon1
Follower
Follower

I have 2 ARLO Go cameras. One is in a fringe cell phone service area and routinely goes offline sending an email "Your Arlo camera is reconnected to the network. The camera was offline for (i.e.) 265 seconds and no events were recorded. The Arlo Team. " The camera then automatically goes back on line and continues working. The other camera located in a strong signal area goes offline repeatedly with this meassage showing on the camera viewing screens (not sent via email) saying "This Arlo device is offline. Please make sure it is in mobile coverage" and quits working. Going to the reboot (removing all power and re-energizing) brings it back online. Unfortunatly I can't do this when I'm 400 miles away from the camera. This camera has been replaced 3 times and the SIM card twice and continues to do this. Verizon is the service provider and is sympathetic to my problem but after 6 months has yet to solve it. Have plenty of minutes available and Verizon has verified the strong signal and no cell coverage issues or outages in area. Any ideas on what's going on and how to solve the delema with the 2nd camera??

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, I'd swap the cameras around to see if it follows the camera or location. I'd bet on the location, based on what you're saying.  If that doesn't help, I believe that there are cell repeaters you can buy (rent?) that may help.

Edit: Guess I didn't read with understanding. I'd still swap cameras around to see what happens.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation