Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is the Arlo Outdoor power adapter compatible with my Arlo Go 2 camera?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RenFerg
Tutor
Tutor

Is the Arlo Outdoor power adapter compatible with my Arlo Go 2 camera? I want to not use the battery when the weather is below 0 and plug it in to a power source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can find a list of compatible accessories within the Arlo Go 2 FAQ here: Arlo Go 2 LTE / WiFi Security Camera FAQs

I've updated the posts above to reflect the appropriate outdoor charging cable for Arlo Go 2.

I've also made a request for the web page to be updated to reflect this information.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
@jguerdat wrote:

Use this one:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5600C-100NAS.html

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5601C-100NAS.html

@JamesC : can you clarify what charger is needed?  BTW, the accessories page for shop.arlo.com doesn't have a filter for the Go 2.  It'd be great if Arlo fixed that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can find a list of compatible accessories within the Arlo Go 2 FAQ here: Arlo Go 2 LTE / WiFi Security Camera FAQs

I've updated the posts above to reflect the appropriate outdoor charging cable for Arlo Go 2.

I've also made a request for the web page to be updated to reflect this information.

JamesC

RenFerg
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

GPotvin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this a verified solution? Support has no idea what I am asking for. The solar panel does not provide enough power in cold weather. We want to plug the camera into electricity. is the VMA5600C-100NAS the solution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GPotvin wrote:

We want to plug the camera into electricity. is the VMA5600C-100NAS the solution?

Yes.

GPotvin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to be obtuse, StephenB, are you saying that the VMA5600C-100NAS terminates at one end magnetically to connect to the Go 2, and the other end terminates in a USB connector? And, the VMA5600C-100NAS comes with a charging block that plugs into standard electricity socket??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the outdoor charger is a sealed unit. There's a wall wart with a permanent sealed connection and a magnetic connector on the other. It plugs into any standard 120VAC outlet that has sufficient room to accommodate the size of the wall wart.

RenFerg
Tutor
Tutor
This seemed to be a good solution. I connected the adapter to a camera while we still had it in our house. The battery was charging and when I removed the battery the camera worked also. We now have the camera outside, connected to the adapter and electricity. The battery says 29% and does not look like it is charging but we still get a picture. I have not yet removed the battery to see if it will operate on electricity only. Our temps for next week are to be below zero. Our battery did function at -12 last week
RenFerg
Tutor
Tutor

Update- Our battery has charged to 60% in a few hours, so this is a good adapter to use with electricity. I ordered mine on Amazon since Arlo was out of stock.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation