Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Equipped with 4G LTE this is the ultimate camera that goes anywhere you need it. Whether it’s your vacation home, construction site, dock, or RV, enjoy peace of mind knowing that Arlo Go 2 has you covered for 24/7 security.

To learn more about your Arlo Go 2 Camera, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

If you have any questions about Arlo Go 2, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as possible. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

45 REPLIES 45
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vbca,

Make sure the camera is charged and try factory resetting: How do I reset my Arlo Go camera to factory default settings?

After the reset, try onboarding the camera.

Also be sure your Arlo mobile app is up to date with the latest version available from the app store.

JamesC

Iceman4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo Go cameras and just added the Go 2 to the lineup. I love the light and the clarity but the battery life is terrible on the Go 2. I get roughly 3-4 weeks per battery for the Go 1, but only get 6-8 days per battery for the Go 2 with roughly one motion event per day and one live view each morning to confirm they're online. These cameras are set up on 55 Acres of land in SE MA that are a few miles from my house because we've have problems with trespassers and have plans to develop the land so these have been very useful. There is a Verizon LTE tower less than a mile away so the Go 1 camera's usually have between 2-3 service bars and the Go 2 rests at 4 bars. I also set up the WIFI and then disabled as another member suggested and it did nothing to help with battery life. It sucks having to change the batteries after 3 weeks for the Go 1, but is ridiculous to have to change batteries weekly for the Go 2 that's superior in every other way. I hope this isn't a permanent trade off situation..  

ARLO - PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS ON YOUR RADAR AND ARE WORKING ON FIXING IT!

I also figured out that the Go 2 will use the same 13,000mAh XL battery that's sold for the Pro3/4 and Ultra lines (ModelVMA5410-10000S).  This paired with the stand-alone charger allows me to get by with weekly battery changes for the time being while praying that Arlo comes up with a workaround (Model:VMA5400C-100NAS). 

The Solar Panel isn't an option because I don't have full sun in the location where I need the Go 2 which is on my private road at the gate so I can pick up license plates and clear, identifiable face shots; something the Go 1 cannot do. 

Here are some pointers for all of you that want your camera's to be as discrete as possible, such as in the woods or just mounted in a tree in your yard. Each of these are easy to find with a quick browser search.

1. There are several manufacturers of this product and countless camo patterns that will make your Arlo camera invisible to anyone staring straight at it (I promise, its happened more times than I can count) and it works better than skins. "GEAR AID Camo Form Self-Cling and Reusable Camouflage Wrap, 2" x 144" Roll"  One Roll will wrap multiple camera's and only clings to itself so is Non-Adhesive. I also used a black sharpie on the front edge of the white case that's visible around the outside of the black camera face prior to wrapping the white case of my Go 2.   
  2. This mount works fantastic - "HME Products Economy Trail Camera Holder, Olive" the threads match perfectly and is very strong so the camera's don't wiggle, shake or move under any weather condition, etc. They are easy to use with the self-tapping base that screws into a tree 12' up and is literally invisible.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

To the iceman,

I have the same issue with a battery draining on the new Go 2, And No reply from Arlo after multiple calls.

I think the  issue is due to the camera constantly trying to connect to the Cell tower and going offline.  I have my camera connected to WIFI now, and there are no issues with the battery. And  It does failover to LTE successfully if i disable WIFI.

BTW, There was a period my GO2  camera worked very well on LTE, and the battery did not drain.. I had noticed, after I called Verizon on the issue and threatened to return it, it then constantly had 3 bars of signal for a week or so.. Weird.   But now its back to fluctuating between 1 and. 3 bars…  My go 1 camera has much less signal strength and the battery last about 30 days they are all close to each other.

conclusion: the issue is not just the camera, mostly to blame is LTE signal and in my area it goes from 1 - 3 bars.  a new software release for the GO 2 camera will probably solve it, like it did for the GO1 camera.  Which had the exact same issue, in 2018.  I hope.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing the Go 2 and reconnecting it?

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Yes.  Already tried all the normal stuff.

Things i have not tried: 

Throwing it off a bridge, sweet talking to it, complimenting it, threatening it!

things i would like to know:  how many devices are having the same issue? When can I try a new device, given this one is having performance issues.  I would like to have someone within ARLO issue a replacement unit, or come up with a realistic piece advice, besides power cycle it, or re-install it. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing issues with battery drain, I encourage you to reach out directly to the support team and open a ticket. The dev team is monitoring these tickets and actively investigating these reports for battery drain issues.

JamesC

Iceman4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've also tried removing the Go 2 and reconnecting it. For all the times I've tried this with the Go and Go 2 its never solved the problems at hand, but creates more work by having to re-create rules and change settings. 

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

…read my numerous replies and requests to Arlo,  the most recent reply I got is we are “waiting on a senior technician” to look into it.  So, now what?

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Hey Iceman,

i got the new firmware on my go2 camera about 10 days ago.  I would say from my perspective  the battery issue was resolved…How about on ur side.?

I did notice one issue, where the status for motion was stuck on amber, the small icon in the bottom of a device listing on a specific camera.  It would normally show amber when its currently recording video.  This status was constantly ON amber for about 24 hours.  And I noticed a much larger drop in battery life during that time.I turned off the camera and then back on… and the status returned to black.  And the battery life reduction returned to a more normal drop usage.

im getting about a 15% drop a week of usage. Or about ~30-40 days.  It may be much longer, but I need to have more data.

i reported the issue with Arlo.  No reply yet.   bottom line i like what i see now.  And I think a solar pannel will now keep up with a 3% daily loss of battery life.  What’s the story on your side?

katelynb
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two Go 2's that are installed at a beach house about 3 1/2 hours away. We have been having issues with the solar panels and charging. One camera seems to be doing just fine but the other one is giving an error message saying "Unable to charge battery, connect a compatible Arlo Charger to charge the device".  However, the battery icon is showing that it is charging, however it is red.

The solar panel being utilized is the correct one and the same solar panel is being used on the working camera, so we are not too sure what is going on and we can't keep sending people down there to fix the cameras.

Arlo Camera.png
Dhartness
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will skins from any other Arlo cameras work with the new Arlo Go 2? I cannot find skins available for the Arlo Go 2 yet and I want to protect this new camera. My original Arlo Go died and had moisture inside the case that caused it to fail. I hope the Arlo Go 2 is sealed better than the original model.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dhartness,

Arlo Go 2 does not have any skins available at this time. Other Arlo skins will not be compatible. Keep an eye on the accessories page at arlo.com for announcements and availability information for any new accessories.

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Why is the arlo go 2 camera not available to buy on the web site anymore?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Go 2 is available through both Verizon and US Cellular. You can find more information here; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras/go/arlo-go-2-cameras.html

Tink2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really need to buy spare batteries, as Go2 battery life drains quickly. WHEN will batteries be available?! 
Thank you. 

Tink2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hear, hear! We do need batteries- we cannot live on a ladder! 

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

If your camera gets a few hours of direct sun light, the solar panel does work.  My camera stays charged, with a moderate amount of usage.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tink2 wrote:

Really need to buy spare batteries, as Go2 battery life drains quickly. WHEN will batteries be available?! 
Thank you. 

You can purchase the XL batteries now - the only issue is that they come with a camera housing that you don't need with the Go2.

Blizzard73x
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  have purchased 4 new Arlo GO 2 cameras.  They will not record to Library.  When I go to Filter for Motion area is not highlighted and will not let me turn on.

Any Ideas.  

Is there any way I can talk to someone at arlo

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blizzard73x wrote:

I  have purchased 4 new Arlo GO 2 cameras.  They will not record to Library. 

Is there any way I can talk to someone at arlo

Do you have an Arlo Secure subscription for the cameras (you should have been opted into a trial for each of the cameras when you onboarded).

If not, are you in a country where Arlo offers a subscription?

Dhartness
Aspirant
Aspirant

Be sure to set your camera Mode to Armed using the button on the bottom row of the app.  Unless your camera is Armed, it will not record to the library when motion is detected in any of the activity zones you set.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation