Introducing Arlo Go 2 - FAQ & Resources

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Equipped with 4G LTE this is the ultimate camera that goes anywhere you need it. Whether it’s your vacation home, construction site, dock, or RV, enjoy peace of mind knowing that Arlo Go 2 has you covered for 24/7 security.

To learn more about your Arlo Go 2 Camera, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

If you have any questions about Arlo Go 2, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as possible. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

12 REPLIES 12
Radams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this be available to purchase anywhere other than the Verizon website?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Radams,

At this time, Arlo Go 2 is only available with Verizon. More carriers are planned to be supported in 2022, keep an eye here on the community and arlo.com for announcements.

JamesC

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

What charger is best for charging the new Arlo Go 2 camera ?  I have a 5.2 v or 12v which are iPhone and iPad chargers respectively, which connect via usb

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a follow up to to my earlier post about the best charger, I received my new camera today, it’s totally awesome and such an improvement from the first version. 

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here are Some more questions that I did not find information on in your resources:

1. If I wanted to buy a Arlo Go 2 camera for a friend or relative as a gift- how does that work,  is that possible, assuming they are on Verizon?

2. Can the camera be configured so that LTE is the primary connection and WIFI is the fallback connection?

3. What solar panel do I buy for the new Go2?  Need model numbers please

4. When will updated skins be available? The new Go2 will need a bigger skin than the original Go

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rkay321,

Arlo Go 2 uses a magnetic charging solution (VMA5600C). You can find more information on charging options here on arlo.com: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories

1. At this time, Arlo Go 2 is only available through Verizon. Please reach out to your local Verizon retailer for more information and purchasing options.

2. Yes. Learn more here: What are the benefits of connecting my Go 2 Camera via mobile or WiFi?

3. The VMC5600 Solar Panel is compatible with Arlo Go 2

4. Stay tuned on arlo.com for more announcements on accessory availability

JamesC

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the resolution 

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again, 

for the Arlo Go 2 solar panel 

I don’t see a VMC5600 charger.  I see a VMA5600. I just want to be sure.   Did you mistyped it

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rkay321 wrote:

I don’t see a VMC5600 charger.  I see a VMA5600. I just want to be sure.   Did you mistyped it

Yes, he meant the VMA.

Rkay321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Roger that.

WatchTowers14
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we can no longer get the model we can put our own carriers SIM in it seems, Wow.  Arlo, please recognize that Verizon no longer serves many areas in Western Colorado.  Verizon can call it what they want, but I live in three different parts of Western Colorado, from the north state line to the south state line, where we need/want these type cameras the most, and Verizon service has progressively gone to non-existent over the past several years.  This is a lot of Arlo territory being left untapped.  [If you're so inclined], some of the best big game hunting destinations in the US are here and people willing to spend, spend, spend on things such as Arlo Go cameras.  Hopefully this does not remain on a back-burner within Arlo.

Model: VML4030 | Arlo Go 3G/4G LTE Wire-Free Camera
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WatchTowers14,

More carrier options are planned for Arlo Go 2. Stay tuned for announcements here on the community and arlo.com when these are available.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation