Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Equipped with 4G LTE this is the ultimate camera that goes anywhere you need it. Whether it’s your vacation home, construction site, dock, or RV, enjoy peace of mind knowing that Arlo Go 2 has you covered for 24/7 security.

To learn more about your Arlo Go 2 Camera, check out the links below:

Arlo Knowledge Base

If you have any questions about Arlo Go 2, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as possible. If you need additional help, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

45 REPLIES 45
Radams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this be available to purchase anywhere other than the Verizon website?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Radams,

At this time, Arlo Go 2 is only available with Verizon. More carriers are planned to be supported in 2022, keep an eye here on the community and arlo.com for announcements.

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

What charger is best for charging the new Arlo Go 2 camera ?  I have a 5.2 v or 12v which are iPhone and iPad chargers respectively, which connect via usb

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

As a follow up to to my earlier post about the best charger, I received my new camera today, it’s totally awesome and such an improvement from the first version. 

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Here are Some more questions that I did not find information on in your resources:

1. If I wanted to buy a Arlo Go 2 camera for a friend or relative as a gift- how does that work,  is that possible, assuming they are on Verizon?

2. Can the camera be configured so that LTE is the primary connection and WIFI is the fallback connection?

3. What solar panel do I buy for the new Go2?  Need model numbers please

4. When will updated skins be available? The new Go2 will need a bigger skin than the original Go

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rkay321,

Arlo Go 2 uses a magnetic charging solution (VMA5600C). You can find more information on charging options here on arlo.com: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories

1. At this time, Arlo Go 2 is only available through Verizon. Please reach out to your local Verizon retailer for more information and purchasing options.

2. Yes. Learn more here: What are the benefits of connecting my Go 2 Camera via mobile or WiFi?

3. The VMC5600 Solar Panel is compatible with Arlo Go 2

4. Stay tuned on arlo.com for more announcements on accessory availability

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the resolution 

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Hi again, 

for the Arlo Go 2 solar panel 

I don’t see a VMC5600 charger.  I see a VMA5600. I just want to be sure.   Did you mistyped it

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rkay321 wrote:

I don’t see a VMC5600 charger.  I see a VMA5600. I just want to be sure.   Did you mistyped it

Yes, he meant the VMA.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Roger that.

WatchTowers14
Initiate
Initiate

So we can no longer get the model we can put our own carriers SIM in it seems, Wow.  Arlo, please recognize that Verizon no longer serves many areas in Western Colorado.  Verizon can call it what they want, but I live in three different parts of Western Colorado, from the north state line to the south state line, where we need/want these type cameras the most, and Verizon service has progressively gone to non-existent over the past several years.  This is a lot of Arlo territory being left untapped.  [If you're so inclined], some of the best big game hunting destinations in the US are here and people willing to spend, spend, spend on things such as Arlo Go cameras.  Hopefully this does not remain on a back-burner within Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WatchTowers14,

More carrier options are planned for Arlo Go 2. Stay tuned for announcements here on the community and arlo.com when these are available.

JamesC

FL22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a significant number of Arlo Go's for years... and while I wish they provided 24x7 retention - they've been my best field camera. 

Learning the Go2.  It doesn't do much good if you can't buy batteries and charger and they are different from Go.   This is a huge problem for those of us who use them in the field which is the main reason to get a cellular camera - i Have to remove them to recharge unless we can buy accessories - appreciate the deal wifi cell capability but we need accessories.... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FL22 wrote:

Learning the Go2.  It doesn't do much good if you can't buy batteries and charger and they are different from Go.   

They use the same XL battery that is used in the Pro3/Pro4/Ultra line (not the normal battery).  You can get them as an accessory (VMA5410), but you do end up with a camera shell in the kit that you don't need.

The XL batteries can be charged outside of the camera with the Pro3/Pro4/Ultra stand-alone charger (VMA5400C).

Also, you can use the VMA5600 solar panel.

FL22
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you.  i was given the model number, but all retailers I can find our out of stock as is arlo 😞  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FL22 wrote:

but all retailers I can find our out of stock as is arlo 😞  

That is a big problem.  Likely a result of the supply chain issues affecting most manufacturers now.

JohnBelliveau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not recommended. Bought on 11-26-21 with pre-activated Verizon card. Checked coverage map prior to buying to ensure my area was covered. Product did not work as advertised, and purchase and return are NOT handled through Arlo. Battery lasted just over 1 day, coverage was intermittent and even though camera was setup and added to account, it would not disarm, show status, or arm. And, it failed to capture a single photo. Support was no help and a total waste of time. As I was in the 1 month return period, contacted Verizon, who instructed me to take it to a local retailer for return. The local retailer tried to charge me a $50 "re-stocking" fee since the box was opened. It's unfortunate, as I'm already an Arlo product owner and have referred them to several others. Not any longer, I've learned my lesson. Unless you really want to waste your time buying something that isn't likely to work and you'll have a hard time returning, you might want to re-think this purchase decision.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnBelliveau,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. The symptoms you've described appear to be directly related to poor LTE coverage. Intermittent LTE connectivity will cause the battery to drain at an increased rate due to the camera constantly trying to re-establish a connection. While Arlo Go 2 does have WiFi as an option for connectivity, it is not advised to use in areas with poor LTE coverage if you do not have WIFi as a backup option.

JamesC

FL22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Question - the Arlo Go 2;  night vision?  Does it have to flash?  the original Arlo was really subtle?  this one flashes and my setting says i have the motion detecting light off? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FL22,

If you're referring to the spotlight, you can turn off the spotlight by navigating to settings, video settings > low light settings > toggle off the spotlight.

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

So, here’s my input. The Arlo Go 2 out of the box came with a ton of issues. I probably ordered in the first 24 hours of the release.  But, I too,  I was on the threshold of returning it as well.  But decided to wait, as I went thru similar issues when the Arlo go original came out.  Ton of bugs. 

The product is now working fantastically.  I am able to switch between LTE and WIFI and the camera switches service almost immediately. Way cool.  I was experiencing a very fast battery drain, initially with a 1 bar verizon signal. Was gettting lots of disconnections.  So needless to say, the Battery would only last for 12 days, ish.  For some reason the device is now receiving 3 bars, constant, and does not deviate.  QoS from Verizon was amped up i think.

I have the device  in use for 10 days with the primary connection on Wifi and failover to LTE and the battery has only drained 6%. Nice. And i have switched it to LTE 25% of that time to test the battery draining on LTE. And it didn’t.  And all that is with a fair amount of video usage, and me testing the service switching. All the features are working… way to go Arlo!.  I gotta say. Im happy with the product so far. But, I need to see an entire month of service to fully determine all is well.  So, this product looks like it functions as described… its Probably why the stock is rising in the past 10 days.  

Vbca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Go LTE camera, it was on Arlo’s network. It worked last year but stopped working. Are these supported anymore by Arlo or not? I tried to add this camera (I have two others currently in service) from the app but Arlo Go is not an option? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vbca wrote:

I tried to add this camera (I have two others currently in service) from the app but Arlo Go is not an option? 

In the iOS app, Add Device -> Cameras -> Other brings you to a list that includes the Go.  That should also be the case with Android.

Vbca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but the choices are Ultra, Pro, and Essential. My camera is a Go LTE, used outdoor w/o WiFi. Will Arlo still support this model? I had it on my account up until a couple months ago, when I started having battery problems. They shipped me a new battery to try, but now I can’t reactivate the device.

Discussion stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation