Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
vanderkat17
Tutor
Tutor

I just received a new Arlo Go 2 from Verizon, confirmed yesterday it is activated. I can make it through the entire setup process on the App until I have to name it and select a timezone. It errors our, "Error Occurred: something went wrong so your camera cannot be registered to your account please try again". Because I cannot get it to register, I am unable to get support because  I "don't have a subscription/device", EXCEPT I DO. I am extremely frustrated as I have not had  very good success trying to setup this simple camera since it was delivered last night. 

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vanderkat17,

Which app are you using (iOS or Android)? Do you have a different device you could try using to complete setup? Is the behavior the same?

JamesC

vanderkat17
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, Thanks for responding! 

I'm using the Apple Arlo app (iPhone 12), my iOS and Arlo app are both up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as created a whole new Arlo account with a different email address with no success. I've also restarted my phone multiple times. I attached the error I keep seeing.....I get this both trying to "add device" via wifi and when adding as is via LTE/data. 

Kathleen

IMG_4493.PNG
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vanderkat17,

I'll see what I can find out about this error. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more informaiton.

JamesC

vanderkat17
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much.

JeffMFA
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I have a Go2 as well and cannot get it to connect at all. I've tried over wifi and over lte.  I reached out to our verizon rep and even ordered a new sim.  Both sims were confirmed activated and yet it still does not connect.  I have tried multiple devices to include, pc on the my.arlo.com site, iphone that is up to date along with the most recent version of the arlo app, and on my personal phone that is android with the most recent arlo app.  I really just need this to work for a customer.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JeffMFA,

Are you seeing an error message during onboarding? At what point do you experience the issue?

JamesC

vanderkat17
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up getting a different camera and had zero problems, thus far. 

gary234
Tutor
Tutor

i got the same issue. so trouble some!!!

gary234
Tutor
Tutor

when you go to the screen wher eyou name the camera, and set the time, and it says error occurred when continue is pressed, really cant be bothered going back to shop to replace, please if anyone can help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gary234,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error?

JamesC

Aphillips
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you get this issue resolved?
If so what did you do as I’m having the same issue? Thank you
HMCS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having a similar issue. When I first go the camera I tested the Arlo Go 2 with my cell's sim to verify functionality. When I went to get another sim for the camera, I deleted the device to set it up again and was getting a registration error.

Following the instructions below helped me re-register the camera and its working perfectly at this point.

https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/support/faq/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-s...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aphillips,

A what point during onboarding are you experiencing an issue? Could you provide more details?

JamesC

BSanders38
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please advise how to fix this issue. Goes fine until it gets to position the camera and it just keeps spinning. Have changed the SIMS card. Removed from app and everything else. Still not connected. Other 4 were fine
BSanders38
Aspirant
Aspirant

James C - can you advise what the solution to this problem is?  I have 5 cameras - 4 have worked perfectly and the 5th will not complete the set up no matter what I do.  It gets all the way to where you set the position of the camera and it never gives me a picture and that is as far as it goes.  Please advise the solution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BSanders38,

Consider factory resetting the camera as detailed on page 71 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/pdf/Arlov4SupportDocs/ArloGo2/202-50035-01_Arlo_Go2_UM_29sep2021.p...

After the reset is complete, try onboarding again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation