Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Go 2 Extended Battery - Does it fit in the standard housing?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bondonian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see arlo is selling an extended life battery for the Go 2, but I do not see an extended housing for the Go 2 like i see for the other cameras that have an extended life battery.  The dimensions of the XL battery are much larger than the one that comes with the Go 2, so im assuming i need a different housing, but maybe someone here knows?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bondonian wrote:

I see arlo is selling an extended life battery for the Go 2, but I do not see an extended housing for the Go 2 like i see for the other cameras that have an extended life battery.  

The Go 2 camera only comes with the XL battery. So what Arlo is selling is spare batteries that can either be used with Go 2 cameras or XL cameras.

bondonian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  How certain are you about that?    I ask simply because the dimensions of the battery that come with it are much different than the dimensions of the XL battery Arlo is selling on its site for the Go 2.  i got the dimensions for the battery which comes with it here : https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/arlo-go-2-ltewi-fi-security-camera  and i got the dimensions for the xl battery from a support person at arlo.  they are much different.  thanks again for the response.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bondonian wrote:

How certain are you about that?   

I am certain, but am tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so you can get a definitive response from Arlo.

Not sure what dimensions you got from support. The review says 1.7-by-1.6-by-2.8-inch.  Amazon says 2.85 x 1.57 x 1.83 inches for the XL battery, so slightly different. Still, only about an eighth of an inch discrepency or less.  

@JamesC:  The compatibility list here is somewhat misleading:

It suggests that the XL battery is compatible with Pro 3, Ultra, and Ultra 2.  That of course requires that those cameras were upgraded to use the XL housing.  But that detail isn't in there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation