Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Go 2 won't find Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
befuddled1
Tutor
Tutor

I have called and opened 3 tickets with Technical help and still no resolution - ugh.    I have installed the camera over 20 times in those 3 calls and no luck.   

I can get the AT&T Sim to work, but every time I try to add the Wifi coverage, the App (and the website) allow me to get to the step of looking for Arlo devices but then time-out and tell me "no cameras found".

Wifi is 2.4 - computer and phone were on the 2.4 part of my Netgear divided router when trying this.   

jguerdat was so kind on a different post to suggest that I check security is WPA2 AES encrypted.  I will look at that, but don't think that will pan out as I have had other Arlo cameras on the network and now have an Arlo Base Station on that same 2.4 network.

For reference, this Go 2 will be mounted in a trailer that is usually in the driveway (therefore on Wifi) and burning through cellular data is not necessary. 

All help will be greatly appreciated.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
befuddled1
Tutor
Tutor

I found the problem - encryption was fine.   My problem turned out to be an errant blank space at the end of my network name!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base or hub has no bearing on 2.4GHz WiFi since they connect via an Ethernet cable. The connection between the Go 2 and router is what's at issue. You MUST use WPA2 AES to connect these cameras or they would be open to hacking of the signal/data. For that matter, your entire network would be at risk by not using this encryption so that's a very first step to check and correct, if necessary.

befuddled1
Tutor
Tutor

I found the problem - encryption was fine.   My problem turned out to be an errant blank space at the end of my network name!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation