Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
gwtrailers
Follower
Follower

I am trying to adjust my sensitivity percentages and I am not able to because the 'Default Mode Settings' is not appearing?  Can you please help me understand why it is not showing?  It does on all my other cameras...

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @gwtrailers 

You can navigate to Devices > Select the desired camera > Select the settings cog wheel > Default Mode Settings > Motion Detection > Adjust slider > Select back arrow to save.

Pattybb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this and still don’t see the default mode settings

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be worthwhile removing the camera from your account and set it back up as if new. Also, which app - Android or iOS?

Pauleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no Cog Wheel and consequently no Default Mode Setting. Disconnected 3 devices and added back with no change. I had sirens working and suddenly on 09-21-2023 they stopped working.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pauleo wrote:

There is no Cog Wheel and consequently no Default Mode Setting. 

Do you see "Library" as a choice at the bottom of the app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Pauleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.

I see Library.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pauleo wrote:

Thank you for your help.

I see Library.

The Library interface doesn't include the default mode setting - that is only on Feed.  Instead, you set the threshold in the camera rule in the mode(s) you use.

Use the guide here:

I do recommend using the motion detection test to figure out a good threshold.   Stand in the area of interest when running the test, and find the smallest threshold that detects you reliably when you are moving.  Use a threshold somewhat above that number in the camera rule.

Keep in mind that the detection test is only a test - the threshold there is only used for the test.  Use the procedure at the bottom of the article to change the actual threshold.

Pauleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very confused. What does this have to do with not being able to set the siren / alarm that I previously able to do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pauleo wrote:

I am very confused. What does this have to do with not being able to set the siren / alarm that I previously able to do?

The original poster was asking about adjusting sensitivity.  You hijacked their thread, and I didn't notice that your question was slightly different.

The siren is also enabled in the rules for the camera.  There is no default mode setting in your app - that only shows up if you are running Feed.  And you are running library.

So follow the same basic directions:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Mode.
  3. Select the device you want to adjust.
  4. In the Armed section, tap the pencil icon.
  5. In the Rules section, tap the pencil icon for the rule you want to edit.
  6. ...

And then make sure the Siren is enabled (instead of adjusting the motion sensitivity).

Note if you use custom modes, you'll need to enable the siren for them as well.

Pauleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

StevenB, THANK YOU so much.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation