Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased six A-2 batteries (P/N: 308-10030-01) I realized I bought the wrong batteries for my Pro 2 cameras. I know these batteries fit the Arlo Go 2 but wondering what other cameras they might fit. I probably should upgrade my pro 2 system and plan to buy new cameras that will accept these batteries. Hope they fit in more than just the Arlo Go 2, not interested in this model.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup, did some more research. Arlo Go only so they are completely useless! I'll contact the seller since he had them listed to fit Pro 2. 

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Franksauto wrote:

I recently purchased six A-2 batteries (P/N: 308-10030-01) I realized I bought the wrong batteries for my Pro 2 cameras. I know these batteries fit the Arlo Go 2 but wondering what other cameras they might fit.

Just to be clear - you mean you purchased these?

They will also work with the Pro 3 floodlight camera, and XL versions of the Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 4, and Pro 5s.

Some of these models have explicit XL versions, but Arlo also sells XL upgrade kits for them.

Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes those are the batteries I purchased. Thank you for this information. Thank you for this information. To be clear the models you listed need to be XL versions correct?

Thanks again. 

Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_6417.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Franksauto wrote:

Yes those are the batteries I purchased. Thank you for this information. Thank you for this information. To be clear the models you listed need to be XL versions correct?

Thanks again. 

Actually they aren't.  The Go 2 (like the Pro 3 floodlight) uses a 13000 mah battery.  Checking one of mine, I am seeing A-7a, P/N 308-560006-02.

If the ones you purchased work in your camera, then you must have the original Go camera, and not the Go 2.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@Franksauto wrote:

Thanks again. 

Actually they aren't.  The Go 2 (like the Pro 3 floodlight) uses a 13000 mah battery.  Checking one of mine, I am seeing A-7a, P/N 308-560006-02.

If the ones you purchased work in your camera, then you must have the original Go camera, and not the Go 2.

Anyway, I believe the batteries you purchased will only work in the legacy Pro, Pro 2, and Go  cameras.

Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

They will not work in pro or pro 2. They are too long. I actually bought them thinking they would were for Pro 2 but I can say with 100% certainty, they are not. Not sure if they fit Go. When I looked A-2 battery up online it said this battery fits Go 2. 
Id just like to know what they fit and I’ll invest in cameras that are compatible. 
thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Franksauto wrote:

When I looked A-2 battery up online it said this battery fits Go 2. 

Where did you see this?

Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_6466.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

I had Googled it but I can promise you the A-2 is not compatible with Pro or Pro 2. The Pro and Pro 2 use the A-1 battery. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Franksauto wrote:

I had Googled it but I can promise you the A-2 is not compatible with Pro or Pro 2. The Pro and Pro 2 use the A-1 battery. 

I saw that too (checking my Pro 2 cameras)..  

So that means that it is only compatible with the Go (since I do know that the Go 2 uses the XL battery that I linked to above).

If it is possible to return the batteries, I'd do that.

Franksauto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup, did some more research. Arlo Go only so they are completely useless! I'll contact the seller since he had them listed to fit Pro 2. 

Thanks for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation