Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

go2 with secure trial battery is charged and unit works but shows dead on phone app and in dashboard

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

go2 with secure trial battery is charged and unit works but shows dead on phone app and in dashboard. thanks

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @farmerguy101 

Does the same message appear on the web browser?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes battery shows discharged in web browser and so far I am unable to get it to pickup movement but I can go live. Also it shows disconnected and also says no sd card but it has one. Darn thing. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@farmerguy101 Can you try rebooting the camera? 

farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

by reboot I assume u mean take the battery out and put back in?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@farmerguy101 Yes, that's correct. 

farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

that didn't work

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took it back to us cell where I got it and they made it work. Apparently it got stuck on updating. No need for support. But I do have a couple questions. The notification it sends is not going to wake me up at night. Is there any way to set up to get a phone call? or somthing that is going to wake me up? Perhaps I need to upgrade to a higher subscription?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@farmerguy101 

The push notification melody can be changed on your device with Android and for  IOS this will have to be done within the Arlo app, you can also try turning your ringer volume up for louder notifications. 

farmerguy101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think you understand what I need.  My go2 is on cellular only in a building at a distance from my house. I need for the go2 to activate an siren in my house. Not just a phone notification or a beep on my phone, an actual siren separate from my phone. How to do this? What do I need? Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@farmerguy101 You might be interested in the Arlo Home security system: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/security-system/arlo-security-system.html

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation