Initiate
Initiate

Drops out all the time

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mpab,

This is generally due to poor connectivity or low battery. Be sure the camera is fully charged and has full signal strength and test to again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Qwerty212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.

Two Arlo Go 2, one with firmware version. 1.090.9.6_51_6f36a1e and another with 1.090.7.1_8_178c584

I can not update to Arlo Secure 4.0 because it claims that the second camera needs a firmware update and there's not any available. Both have the same hardware version: VML2030AerH4

I've also checked DNS queries in my network and the cameras do not make any petition, they simply claim that there's no firmware update almost instantly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my firmware is now up to 1.090.9.6_50 but no listing in the firmware updates section here.

gary234
Tutor
Tutor

same problem,

just purchased, has full signal, fully charged, can even send notification with detections, just wont update, so cant see the live stream, just shows need "update", tried like  20 times, and drops out after 20 min, tried deleting and reinstalling like 10 times, so useless for a new device that cost so much, now ive got a useless data plan too............not good enough

NivekSarah
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue, fails after 15 seconds…returning it tomorrow

mpalmer4wd
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 x Arlo Go2 purchased yesterday and having the same issue where it wont update the firmware. Sometimes shows Request timed out, sometime just goes back to showing it needs an update. Have 2 others purchased a couple of months ago and no issues. Confirmed online via Wifi and also 4G working. 

Has 1.090.8.4_V3.00.42 and showing that it wants to update to 1.090.9.6_51_.......

nzzealous
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased multiple Go 2 cameras.

All on 1.090.8.4_39

Update available is 1.090.9.6

Update never works and there is no error message. I have tried on LTE and Wi-Fi, including multiple internet connections. Have factory reset multiple times, left for days in the hope that an auto-update would occur.

All cameras have a red exclamation mark which prevents access to live view.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation