Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go cameras - can't connect 2nd friend to view devices

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KarlaL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Arlo cameras and hub, with no subscription.  I have one friend invited.  She can see the devices with no problem.  I invited my daughter also.  She accepted the invitation, created an account, and downloaded the Arlo app on her iPhone 13.  She receives the notifications when there is activity with the cameras.  But, she can't see the devices on the app.  I've tried deleting her invitation and re-inviting her several times with the same result.

Is there a limit of invitations for free accounts?  I couldn't find any restrictions in the self-help.  Or, is there an issue with app on iPhone 13?

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

All newly created arlo accounts are forced to use the feed UI app style which is not compatible with the earlier library UI app style.

If you’re using the library UI app style you and the first friend will need to create new arlo accounts using a new email to have them update the UI style.

Remove the cameras and base from the older account and import them to the new account and share the cameras.

If you decide the new app UI style is not for you, you can then go back to using your old account with the library UI style.

All this could be avoided if arlo were to allow you to choose what UI style to use.

KarlaL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I'll try that solution.  It's really unfortunate and a lot of hassle to add someone to the system because the apps changed.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

One easier option since both friends are related is to have the second friend use the first friends credentials. The second friend may need to delete the app and install it again.

Note that the two friends will not be able to login at the same time, one gets kicked off when the other logins.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation