Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Go 2 and an Arlo Secure subscription, along with a number of other Arlo cameras.

My Arlo Go 2 appears in my app, and sends alerts to my app, but does not appear in the Modes and Automations tab, so I am unable to set its behaviour on detecting motion.  It also does not appear to respond to mode changes (e.g., it does not go into Standby mode).  My other cameras work fine.

Is there a fix to this issue?

44 REPLIES 44
Esben1234
Tutor
Tutor

Did you have any news on this or should I just go ahead and switch to Reolink?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on iOS or Android?

Esben1234
Tutor
Tutor

iOS.

But weirdly, today the buttons are enabled and I'm able to add rules, so now the mode functionality is finally working, and my problem is solved. Not sure what caused this to suddenly start working, but it does.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJDH  has this been resolved for you as well?

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @BrookeN , unfortunately still no resolution for me (on Android).

Korian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there going to be a solution for this issue, as i see it has been happening since last year? There is no even option for me to change anything on the mode settings, there is only "Arlo *name* and WHEN: *empty field you can't type in*

No buttons, nothing. And all modes dont even have this, some are just plain empty with only text telling me i can choose how the mode functions but nothing how to do it. I have the app installed on android phone.

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve got the same problem with my new canera. Rules are not active neither in app (ios - v 4.12.5, 20 mar. 2024) nor in web/pc. I have reset and re- installed - no difference. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you all please check if it is now working? @kisipila can you please dm me the email address associated with the Arlo account?

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, this is now working for me (Android).  Appreciate the work resolving this.

a_sethia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem. Have tried resetting the device/re adding it several times. Using IOS, says it has the latest updates. No options on the rules (and doesn't appear in standby options at all like my other cameras). Please can you advise? Just keeps going off as if it was armed all the time.

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, I can't give any advice, it still don't work. I return if i get a solution. Kind regards Søren

a_sethia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I do think that this is really poor from Arlo - I have a whole system but may look at changing brands if this isn’t sorted out.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@a_sethia can you take a look and see if yours is working now. I had you moved to an exp build. Log out and log back in and see if it is working. If not Dm me screenshots of what it is you are seeing. 

@Soeren1951 I will have yours moved to the exp build by later today. Tonight log out and log back in and see if it is working. If it is not send me a dm of a screenshot of what you are seeing.

a_sethia
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to have worked, thanks!!

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, i’ll do that. What is “exp build” and “a dm”? Kind regards Søren

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It is an experimental build and a dm is a direct message. There should be an envelope and if you click that you can send me a message. 

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

No change, sorry - wrote you dm with schreenshots

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just a quick follow up, are you still seeing this same behavior or is it now showing up?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Quick follow-up are you now seeing this as resolved?

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, thank you, the siren works and it is now possible tol select rules. K.r. Søren

Discussion stats