Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go 2 - Does not appear in modes or automation

Discussion stats
JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Go 2 and an Arlo Secure subscription, along with a number of other Arlo cameras.

My Arlo Go 2 appears in my app, and sends alerts to my app, but does not appear in the Modes and Automations tab, so I am unable to set its behaviour on detecting motion.  It also does not appear to respond to mode changes (e.g., it does not go into Standby mode).  My other cameras work fine.

Is there a fix to this issue?

41 REPLIES 41
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you added a rule for the camera or does it not even appear as a choice to do so?

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately it is not appearing at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by removing the camera from your account and reconnect it. Resetting may also be useful:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

psionic001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you fix this issue? We also want to set some automations for arriving and setting to "Arm Home" then when we all depart, then set to "Arm Away" but can't find the option to do this.

With may other Arlo Ultra cameras this is possible.

Perhaps because the Go2 is LTE/Sim based, it has no wifi to detect presence or location? Just guessing.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you try the steps that were mentioned to see if that resolves what you are seeing?

Start by removing the camera from your account and reconnect it. Resetting may also be useful:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Johnnygo
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem with my go 2 camera, factory reset doesn't help, arlo please come up with a fix

Arina2009
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Arlo Go 2 keeps on recording and sending notifications even set to "standby". Everything else works. After setting to "standby" I get a notifications saying camera is standby, but no - still recording, still sending notifications like in "armed" mode.

What to do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arina2009 wrote:

Hi. Arlo Go 2 keeps on recording and sending notifications even set to "standby". Everything else works. After setting to "standby" I get a notifications saying camera is standby, but no - still recording, still sending notifications like in "armed" mode.

What to do?

Go into the standby mode and look at the rule for the Arlo Go 2.   Likely you will need to edit it (or remove it).

kisipila
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirmed: cannot add or modify rules, choosing the mode does not make any difference. Factory reset or remove/add camera does not help.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is being looked into to currently, we will post an update as soon as possible. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I just added an Arlo essential camera to my others, but automations will not show the new camera. The New camera does show up in modes, but not in automation. Why did things have to get so complicated? Please help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not 100% sure but check the subscription status for the camera. If there's no sub, I suppose that could be the issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still not able to see the Arlo Essential in the automations?

Bertil_komper
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

I just set up an account with two Arlo Go 2 cameras and a trial subscription. 

I was very surprised to see that the "Add Rule" -option is greyed out under routines > modes

So what ends up happening now is that the cameras are triggering all the time since I can't tell what to do or what not to do in the different modes... 

Arlo.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the Add Device Rules button  grayed out in Arm Away and Arm Home modes?

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not greyed out for me.  When I click through to it, the Arlo Go just does not appear as an option.

The Arlo Go does appear with a Device Rule already set in the Arm Away mode, but when I select it, there are no parameters or options, just the button to delete the rule.

PVOS
Aspirant
Aspirant
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for sharing the behavior you are experiencing with the modes and automation not showing for the Go 2. The development team is currently looking into it. We will update the community when we have more information.

Korttipiski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I am unable to edit any rules in the Arlo secure app. “Add rules” is grey and I can’t access that menu. I have the same problem that I keep getting notifications when I switch to Standby mode. I would like to turn the notifications off when I’m in my garage. I can’t use the gps because my garage is in the same building where I live. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior? 

Esben1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with two new Arlo Go 2's. In all three modes, the "Add Device Rules" button is grayed out in the app, and has been for several months. This means that there is apparently no way to turn off notifications when I'm home, besides manually turning each camera off. This essentially makes these cameras useless as security cameras.

I don't understand how a bug like this is still not fixed. Is there any news on this? I contacted your support, but never got a response. If you don't fix this now, I'll move to Reolink.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it grayed out in arm away or arm home mode?

Esben1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is grayed out in all three modes, "Arm Away", "Arm Home", and "Standby".

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue continues for me too.  

In Arm Away, it appears but I can't edit device rules.  See attached. 

1000013264.jpg

In Arm Home and Standby it does not appear, and when I click on Add device, it does not appear in the list.

Discussion stats