Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video won't download to library. Arlo Essential spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SUlo
Follower
Follower

Video does not download to the library. Can only see video in live time, if we happen to be looking when the video plays.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@SUlo wrote:

Video does not download to the library. Can only see video in live time, if we happen to be looking when the video plays.

For cloud recordings you need a smart subscription after your 3 month  trial runs out if it did. If connected to a Hub/Base you can use local storage after setting it up without a subscription but not as ideal. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bryan56
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem my camera doesnt download video footage to my phone library. The Essential camera is connected to my VMB4000 base station not to my WiFi dorectly.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@SUlo wrote:

For cloud recordings you need a smart subscription after your 3 month  trial runs out if it did. If connected to a Hub/Base you can use local storage after setting it up without a subscription but not as ideal. 

Bryan56
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, thanks fir the response.
Just to clarify, even if my essential camera is connected to my base station VMB4000 no Wi-Fi do I still need a subscription to see recordings in my phone arlo App Library. Thanks.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Bryan56 wrote:
Hi, thanks fir the response.
Just to clarify, even if my essential camera is connected to my base station VMB4000 no Wi-Fi do I still need a subscription to see recordings in my phone arlo App Library. Thanks.

If connected to the VMB4000 base you need to eject the USB and view the files in a computer, not ideal I know. With the Smart Hubs you can view them in the app but need to download and no thumbnail. I just use local for backup.  If you want cloud recordings in the library you need a Sub. The cloud is much simpler but that is up to you. 

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

Bryan56
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, thanks for the response again. Looks like I’ll be paying for a subscription. Thanks again.