Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection with wifi -

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Oak1Island
Follower
Follower

Hello I purchased the Arlo Essential Wifi wire free Spotlight Camera - put them in my horse barn which is about 40 yards from our house.   The connection is sporadic.  So I ended up putting them close to my house and they are working great.  

I want to put two more cameras in my barn.  What do I need to do to have better connection with the camera's I want to put in my stables.   

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Oak1Island wrote:

I want to put two more cameras in my barn.  What do I need to do to have better connection with the camera's I want to put in my stables.   

If you want to use Essential cameras, then you need to get solid wifi to the barn.   Expanding the WiFi range inside the house might be possible - if you give us more details on where your wifi router is placed (and what is between it and the barn) we might be able to offer some advice.

If the barn is on the same power as the house, you could also use powerline networking - there are modules that have a built-in wifi hotspot.  For instance, something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01929V7ZG

There are some outdoor access points you could use, but they tend to be quite expensive.