Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

my free trial has ended and I’m now not able to access the recordings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Talula
Follower
Follower

Unfortunately, when I bought my cameras, I didn’t realise that I would have to pay extra to monitor them so I’m now in the position where my free trial has ended and I’m now not able to access the recordings although I have apparently thousands of them on the cloud which I’m unable to access without paying. I’m retired and it’s a consideration paying the amount that Arlo require per month for me to be able to monitor the recordings from my cameras. I also have no way of deleting all these recordings which are mounting up hugely on the cloud. Any suggestions or help advice would be very much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Talula wrote:

I also have no way of deleting all these recordings which are mounting up hugely on the cloud.

The subscription cost is for the cloud storage itself (among other things), not for the ability to access the recordings.

When the trial(s) expired, the cloud recordings were automatically deleted.  Also, no new recordings are being made, so none of your recordings are in the cloud anymore.

There is a feature in some of the smarthubs ("direct access to local storage") that some people use to avoid subscription costs.  It would cost you about $100 USD to get a VMB4540 smarthub, plus another $20-$25 USD for a suitable USB thumb drive.  The feature isn't as convenient as the subscription (it has a lot of limitations), so in my opinion it's not the best path.