Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why cant I share my camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Awnell
Follower
Follower

Iam trying to grant access to my girlfriends phone, we had a camera before and got i replaced. 

When i grant her the access she can only "create a new account" in the email she got send from Arlo. 

We did that, with a new email, but the camera do not show up anyways, still says pending on mine. 

What is wrong and what can we do about it? And now we dont have any more emails to create new accounts, is that the only way? Why cant you "receive" a new access to an already started account? 

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

As your granted access user’s status still says pending the friend sharing feature will not work.

The arlo process to invite is not straight forward unfortunately so  the friend will need to use a pc to open her email account and select the link in the invite so it will open a web browser to the arlo website login page. She should then login with her account credentials after using the create account button. After she successfully logs in the granted access status for the friend on your account should change to accepted.

Note: arlo is now using two user interface styles, library and feed.

If you and the friend don’t have the same UI style the sharing will still not work.

Any newly created arlo accounts are forced to use the feed style UI, they’re intent is to make you update to have it work.

Once you update to the new UI style you cannot revert so your stuck.

If you’re still using the library UI style and your friend has a pre 2023 created arlo account you should be able to share cameras.

If you have the feed UI style and the friend has the same then camera sharing should work.

If the friend is stuck with the feed UI style and you still have the library UI style the camera sharing will not work. You will need to create a new arlo account with a different email to get the feed UI style, move the arlo devices to the new account. If you discover the new app interface is not to your liking you can always go back to your original account to use the older interface.

Of course all this could be avoided if arlo gave the option to select what UI style you wanted when you create a new account. At least until they got the new UI style fixed.