Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofence no longer working. Random schedule disarm

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone else been having issues with geofencing and scheduling since the last update?

The geofence is a complete dud now. It doesn't arm when outside of the geofence, and when inside, it arms itself... Sometimes. I have confirmed the setting are correct. It will also  randomly switch to away/home. 

The schedule will randomly disarm the cameras sometime in the middle of the night.

I've done all the normal fixes. Deleted cameras, reinstalled app, deleted schedules, etc... 

I reluctantly contacted support, and received the normal response from them. 

Anyone else having these issues as if recently? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing relies on the phone detecting where it is. Arlo only uses that info to do what you want. Check your phone location settings for both the app as well as the phone. A reboot of the phone may help.

Can't help with the schedule - sounds like you've done the normal things. Might be related to the GF issue?

Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

Unless there is something I'm not seeing in my phone, my locations are squared away. Geofencing works flawlessly with my Wyze cam and Nest thermostat. 

Jo060
Luminary
Luminary

After deleting/adding the schedule an absurd amount of times, it's now working again. 

I've noticed now the GF issue is somewhat fixed. 

It will correctly arm/disarm the cameras BUT the app has to be open in order for it to do so.

If I drive home and my app is closed, the cameras will stay armed until I open the app and leave it open for approximately 30 seconds. 

This is the same for my wife's phone which leads me to believe it's an app issue. 

There is a post back from 2021 with the same issue but no resolution. 

Durrr
Tutor
Tutor

Been having the same issue with scheduling. Have two schedules set up to cover

9PM - 11:59PM

12AM-7AM 

But now randomly the second schedule doesn't arm again. Was working perfectly previously. Seems, looking at the chats, this was a problem in the past too