Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why is my video on my camera is blurry at night? It has been this way for a month. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A screen shot or a link to a sample video of the blurry image could be useful. Do you have Color or B&W selected for night vision in the camera settings?

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is a screen shot.

where is the color option?

IMG_6011.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

where is the color option?

Does your Essential model have a spotlight?

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea it has a spotlight.   It is setup like my other cam’s which don’t have issues at night.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

Yea it has a spotlight.   It is setup like my other cam’s which don’t have issues at night.  

If you see "Feed" in your app menu, then the color option @jguerdat is talking about is the spotlight setting in the device settings->Light settings.  If that is on, the spotlight should come on when motion is triggered at night, and you'll get color recordings instead of the IR nightvision recording in your screenshot.

Is the video also blurry when you livestream the camera?

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same cam is another room with issues.   The spotlight has never come with the cam with the issue and it has worked before.  Not sure why the last few weeks the video is blurry.  My settings may the camera that is working.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.