Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
3sstamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm still having issues with my Arlo Essential Wireless Cameras. I recently added the 3rd camera and it has not recorded any video since Feb. 8th - today is the 15th. Camera one is constantly taken offline and I don't understand why. Nothing changed it just goes offline then sometimes comes back online. Other times I have to get on a ladder to scan the barcode to get it to function properly. My son purchased the cameras for me and I haven't had the best experience with them. I'm dissatisfied with the product. I travel and want to know that the cameras are working properly. I back my car out of the garage in which the camera should notice the motion but as I mentioned this camera hasn't recorded since 2/8/22.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3sstamp wrote:

I recently added the 3rd camera and it has not recorded any video since Feb. 8th - today is the 15th.

Is there any chance the something is interfering with the passive infrared (PIR) sensor on the face of the camera?  Dirt, or perhaps ice?

If that's not the cause, then I suggest the following steps:

1. check the subscription status - if you added the camera less than three months ago, it should still be in the trial subscription.
  2. try making a manual recording while live-streaming, and confirm that works ok.
  3. If that passes, then follow up with the motion detection test, and make sure that detects motion. https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

3sstamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

my cameras are still not recording. I can do a manual recording but nothing else. Can I return these cameras and get a refund? I need a product that will work as it is designed to work. I've contacted Arlo a few times and I'm still having the same issues with the two of the cameras. I updated my subscription for three cameras. I see that you're collecting the monthly subscription fees.....but my cameras are not working. I'm walking around the front entryway and neither camera is recording. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3sstamp wrote:

I'm walking around the front entryway and neither camera is recording. 

Have you tried the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

How far are you from the cameras?

3sstamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm 10 ft. from one camera and I'm holding the other in my hand. Now the camera that I was holding is offline. I've done all the steps to scan the qr code and connect to the network. the camera and my phone are next to the router and it says it can't find any Arlo devices

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3sstamp wrote:

I've done all the steps to scan the qr code and connect to the network. the camera and my phone are next to the router and it says it can't find any Arlo devices

Did you remove the camera from the account?

Are you selecting "Essential Spotlight" when you add device?  Just "Essential" won't work.

Also, you might try browsing to my.arlo.com on a PC, and try adding back the camera there.

3sstamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I didn't remove the camera from the account. Camera1 has gone offline before and then back online after a few days. I just added Camera3 in February and it hasn't worked since adding it to my subscription. both cameras are fully charged. I have the motion sensitivity set around 75. Should I remove the camera3 then add it again? I'm not happy with the Arlo cameras. I've had them less than a year and there is always an issue with the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@3sstamp wrote:

Should I remove the camera3 then add it again? I'm not happy with the Arlo cameras. 

It's a reasonable step.  If you do that, you might as well do the full factory reset.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera