Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dakeo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased 2x cameras early December, set up and connected no issues. Took down both cameras to charge before Christmas and also set up the grant access profile so my wife could view the cameras, since then camera 2 will not connect at all to any networks in the house and won’t even flash blue after 2 seconds for sync mode, just amber.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This may be a faulty camera but first, remove the camera from your account. Hold the Sync button on the bottom for >15 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. Let it reboot and add it back as if new. ANy difference?

Dakeo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve already done this, removed the camera from my device completely and held sync for 15sec sometimes either over 30secs. Now when I try and hold for 2secs to begin sync it only flashes amber a couple times
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a briefer sync press, like <1 second or at least a few variations.

Dakeo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
Managed to find and sync up the camera to my device, but now stays stuck on the video bandwidth screen, and I’m currently sat less than 2m away from the router
53BC3191-E4F5-40B6-9871-FA33DD036145.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try clicking on Continue anyways to see if the install will finish but I haven't had success doing so.  Otherwise, start over after verifying that the camera doesn't show in your device list (remove it if it does) and doinng the reset procedure again.

Dakeo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
I kinda feel like I’ve already done all this before and not really making any progress lol
STM99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved my Essential Spotlight Camera to a new home. I turned it off to not waste battery during the move. 

Removed the device from the app in order to connect to the new wifi at the new place.

Now I can't turn it on in the app.

And when I try to connect, I don't get the blue light when I press the sync button, just an amber flashing light for a second or two.

I also tried resetting multiple times. 

Perhaps it's because I haven't "turned on" the camera? Is there a way to do that outside the app? Or does the fact that the amber light comes on indicate that it is already "on"?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

STM99,

Try charging the camera, the symptom you describe sounds like the battery is depleted.

JamesC