Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikeisi
Follower
Follower

My mom has two Arlo Essential Spotlight wireless cameras that I got her a few years ago. They both worked great for about a year each, and then one stopped working and then the other one did as well. 

Here's what happens.

-I have charged them for over a day (sometimes 2)

-Open my app and log in to my account and tap to add a new camera.

-I hold down the camera button until it begins blinking blue. 

-I hold up the app to the camera and hear the "chime"

But that's as far as I get. The app never "finds" the camera. It eventually stops blinking OR begins blinking a dark orange.

I have tried it multiple times in DIFFERENT locations on different wifi.

A while back I was able to get one of the cameras to SOMETIMES connect but it it would shortly go "offline" once I mounted it and claim that the temperature was "too cold" even though this was in the summer.

I can't seem to get ANY help from the actual Arlo support staff; which that alone makes me never want to buy one.

Any ideas? I have tried "resetting" the camera by holding down the button for 15 seconds but nothing helps.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

- Charging takes ~2.5-3 hours.

- If you're trying to start fresh with the cameras, you must delete them from your account before they can be found again.

- Check your process: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Stephwla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my essential spotlight exactly 6 months ago to this day and now I'm having the same problem. Went through their steps about a dozen times and a couple factory resets and still no connection. My guess, the camera probably just broke. It is one of their cheaper models. I was hoping mine would last atleast a year or two.

Some reviews I read say they do tend to have problems if it gets to cold outside which it is here for me. Just going to have to keep trying, buy a new one or try a different brand.