Trying to set up geofencing during the day and cameras on at night

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JimmyTheDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want my cameras to function according to who is or isn't home during the day, but all be active at night from 12-6. I've seen older explanations but I think the app has been redone since then. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The answer depends on whether you see Library to view videos or Feed. You mention the app being redone but the app works much the same while also supporting 2 user interfaces (UI) as noted above. 

Generally geofencing allows you to set a mode to be used when you're home which can be your schedule. Is that what you're after? Here are 2 links with the first one being aimed at users still using the old UI with Library and the second for users with the new UI with Feed:

https://kb.arlo.com/1085093/How-does-Arlo-Geofencing-work-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s...

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is what I have done to make this work.

I have disabled arrive after the night arm time in the add action section where you place the time in

IMG_8196.png

JimmyTheDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Setting up the geofencing wasn't an issue. What I was struggling with was turning off geofencing at night so that the setting would be Arm Away even when I'm home at night. I think I have it solved but I won't know until I've gone a day and seen how it reacts.

JimmyTheDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

To SBen,

I think I got where you were going and have set up what I hope solves it. Your post was truncated and had a little warning symbol that was maybe a photo that failed to load?

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s frustrating as the photo was supposed to be of a setup. Still visible on my screen so no idea what I’ve done wrong on the image .

essentially it was 

at 11.01pm set arrive to be disabled and set cameras to arm away to activate all cameras.

I do have another mode to enable arrive so it starts working again just in case.  (I’m not liking the new automations they seem to not always function correctly especially geofencing for me)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Photos need to be approved before seen by the public. I see it now. Also, has anyone tried Enable/Disable an Automation instead of or in conjunction with Change Mode?