Outdoor Essentials are clearly missing lots of events in my yard

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jbp666
Follower
Follower

Does Arlo Support have records of jamming or de-auth events? My outdoor Essentials are clearly missing lots of events in my yard, and I have reason to believe they are being tampered with. Help, please! 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, no such records are available to the user

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's unlikely that someone is somehow tampering although it is in the realm of possibilities for someone that really wants to do so. The more likely situation revolves around camera positioning and motion sensitivity. A screenshot of the camera's view along with a description of what you're trying to capture could be useful for us to make suggestions. ALso, check your motion sensitivity settings in your modes and rules (or Default Mode Settings in the camera settings if you are using Feed to view videos). Don't try to use the motion test since that will just give you a number to put into the modes and rules and doesn't save.

I would also do some personal testing by walking back and forth in front of the camera to see how it operates and make adjustments according to those tests. Remember that PIR sensors work best when motion is across the FOV, not at the camera.