Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I purchased these cameras a couple of months ago. I walk through the steps, but the camera is never found during sync step. The phone cannot find the camera. The camera is connected to the router (I have the ability to see). I have also tried to contact support and get absolutely nowhere. Thank you. 

24 REPLIES 24
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you selecting 'Essential Spotlight" and not "Essential". It is a common oversight. 

LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I went back and tried to sync and made sure that I chose the right camera but it still did not find it. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LeaSWCD,

Make sure the camera is fully charged and attempt a factory reset: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

After the reset is complete, try onboarding the camera again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I have followed the steps you stated, and it is still doing the same thing. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LeaSWCD,

Do you have more than one camera? Is the issue the same with others beyond the first?

JamesC

LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Sir. They are all doing the same thing. I can see where they are connected to the router, but they will not discover. 

Magnun
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue. 

I can see it connect to the network from my router management site, but at the end of the sync period the LEDs flashes yellow. It is also ridiculous that Arlo only provide support to subscribers, and you are unable to subscribe until your devices are only.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LeaSWCD, Magnun

Are you able to try setup using a different device (PC, or a different mobile device)? Is the behavior the same?

JamesC

ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I really need a phone number to call and talk to someone
LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Sir I have tried 3 different phones

dcfox1
Master
Master

@LeaSWCD wrote:

Yes Sir I have tried 3 different phones

Have you tried it on a PC as suggeted as others have had more sucess with that. Also are you selecting "Essential Spotlight" instead of "Essential" in set up. There are three selections and some use the wrong one. 

Magnun
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I had mixed the model up, so when I selected Essential Spotlight the camera is detected and I am asked to name it. However, it does not seem to get online and the camera blinks orange after the app has discovered it.

I have tried resetting the device and start over, but with the same result.

Se attached screenshot of the app.
Screenshot_20220118-204557.png
LeaSWCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. Below are the steps I have taken.

Tried multiple phones, my desktop computer, and multiple cameras.

I have made sure my router is only on 2.4

Made sure that I am selecting correct camera on set up list. 

The camera can be seen on my router list. 

Tuner700
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem on had to call On Tech to the tune of 400.00 dollars.   He what he did that was different that what I was doing.  Put all your camera together in one area. they work off each other for syncing and updating. hope this help

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Tuner700 wrote:

I had the same problem on had to call On Tech to the tune of 400.00 dollars.   

Who is One Tech that charged 400.00 dollars?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It always amazes me that 1) folks Google for support instead of simply using Settings, Support and 2) actually pay for what Arlo provides for free (other than needing at least a temporary subscription). ANd some even let these "support" people have access to their accounts/systems...

<shakes head>

Tuner700
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did call Arlo support. When I finally got to talk to someone took me through all the steps finally sending me a new camera and that did not work. My problem would not let the camera sync and update. worked on the problem for almost 2 weeks. It was the Arlo tech that advise me to call OnTech.  it was the On Tech person that told me to group all the cameras together for the initial install. It like I told the Arlo update e-mail, it sad when a third-party tech, and company know more about your product than the Arlo tech.

ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you give me the details on how to get the cameras to be discovered
ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you give me the details on how to get the cameras to be discovered
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ksolis,

At what point are you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC,
The camera chimes but is not discovered.
Do I need to line them up beside each other.......
Do I press the sync button on all (3) cameras.....
And do I pick up one....
Have that one scan the QR code....
When it is discovered....
Pick up the next one.....
Do another QR scan.....
Then do the last one with another QR scan code.

ksolis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tuner700,
Can and will you make contact with me about how you were able to make contact with On Tech.
Please and thank you in advance!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ksolis,

Sync one camera at a time. You should not attempt to sync another camera until you've finished syncing the first.

Take a look at these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo device directly to a WiFi router?

JamesC