Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Yoandme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set Smart Notifications to be enabled for person's, animals and vehicles with"All other motion" disabled.  I continue to get general "motion" notifications which eat up the battery.  It appears that the notifications are being triggered by things like tree limbs blowing in the wind.

Is this something I am going to have to live with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yoandme wrote:

I have set Smart Notifications to be enabled for person's, animals and vehicles with"All other motion" disabled.  I continue to get general "motion" notifications which eat up the battery. 

The smart notifications only filter the notifications.  They don't improve power use, because the camera continues to record all motion events.

The only options you have to reduce power use are to 

1. re-position the camera to eliminate as much unwanted motion as you can
  2. reduce the motion sensitivity

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yoandme wrote:

I have set Smart Notifications to be enabled for person's, animals and vehicles with"All other motion" disabled.  I continue to get general "motion" notifications which eat up the battery. 

The smart notifications only filter the notifications.  They don't improve power use, because the camera continues to record all motion events.

The only options you have to reduce power use are to 

1. re-position the camera to eliminate as much unwanted motion as you can
  2. reduce the motion sensitivity
Yoandme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification.  I thought that might be the answer and I will be trying both options.