Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up another account

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bigjohn12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought 3 sets of these cameras and wanted to put a set at 3 different homes. Today I started to setup a set at a second home but can’t because it says I already have an account. Is there anyway to have different accounts at different homes or properties? If not, I just wasted a lot of money.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bigjohn12 wrote:
I bought 3 sets of these cameras and wanted to put a set at 3 different homes. Today I started to setup a set at a second home but can’t because it says I already have an account. Is there anyway to have different accounts at different homes or properties? If not, I just wasted a lot of money.

You can put cameras on different sites in the same account if you want to.

If you want different accounts, you'll need to get two more email addresses, and use those.

Bigjohn12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply and time. I have different emails that I can use but when I try to download another app it states I already have the account and it wants me to open the existing account. How do I create the second account with another email?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bigjohn12 wrote:
 it states I already have the account and it wants me to open the existing account. How do I create the second account with another email?

You can create the account(s) via my.arlo.com. Then you can use "friend" access to give your first account access to all the cameras in the other two accounts. https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account.

It's best to accept the "friend" invite on a PC, so it can open a PC browser link.

The other option is to put all the cameras in one account, and then use "friend" access to give others access to selected cameras.